Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 2nd December 2003, 8:52 AM   #16
Frewy

I get my prints from KODAK online Standard prints - 6" x 4" (10x15 cm) $0.80
5" x 7" (13x18 cm) $4.95
8" x 10" (20x25 cm) $7.95

Pick them up from Kmart when its 15% off store wide too

I belive Kodak laser scan then develop the print not just spray ink on paper.
I refuse to own a printer and if you do the math its also a waste of money

Last edited by Frewy; 2nd December 2003 at 8:53 AM.
Frewy is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 2nd December 2003, 9:01 AM   #17
z2177199

Just to let you Sydney guys know, the film/camera shop at Circular Quay train station develops 6"x4" for 30 cents each. They have the Fuji Frontier machine. And no, i dont work for them.
Old 2nd December 2003, 6:27 PM   #18
StratosFear

Quote:
Originally posted by Frewy
Thats exactly what I said to dad yesterday.

It's even cheaper than film if you consider when you get film developed there will always be at least a few shots that turn out like crap that you have to get developed. At least this way you only pick the shots you want.

Might try and get a list of online places and get 1 test print sent to all of them to see which ones are better quality.
StratosFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2003, 1:05 PM   #19
StratosFear

reading this weeks green guide this morning and centre com have raised the price to $495.
Old 6th December 2003, 1:16 PM   #20
Bishop

Quote:
Originally posted by StratosFear
Thats exactly what I said to dad yesterday.

It's even cheaper than film if you consider when you get film developed there will always be at least a few shots that turn out like crap that you have to get developed. At least this way you only pick the shots you want.

Might try and get a list of online places and get 1 test print sent to all of them to see which ones are better quality.
I got some prints from Harvey Norman from my A60 and they turned out pretty good. Let us know if you do the comparison, i'd like to know where i should be getting my prints from.
Old 8th December 2003, 12:47 PM   #21
Mad1

Quote:
5" x 7" (13x18 cm) $4.95

I have used this service to test it out - I can recommend it - excellent quality pics. I havn't tried the larger prints, but I've already sent off my next order. The little Kodak app is pretty cool, with a simple but effective tool to crop photo's to size.
Mad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2003, 7:42 PM   #22
StratosFear

just got the one photo i sent off to Big W back today.

Must say the quality surpassed what I expected. Looks much better than my old film camera.

colours are superb and there is no visible pixelation or anything like that. Seems to be printed on good paper as well.

On top of that I accidently downsampled that picture before sending it off.

for 47 cents a pic I am pretty damn happy
Old 17th December 2003, 1:36 PM   #23
Radar

Well I just went and picked me up one from OfficeWorks for $475. I just showed them CentreCom's site, where it is advertised for that amount, and that was it. No questions asked, and very friendly sales people. Top work OfficeWorks.

Anyway, this is an awesome little camera. It's jam packed full of features (90% I have no idea how to use), is small, light and compact. The picture quality is pretty bloody good, and it's just an awesome little camera. Perfect for my 4 week roadtrip to Perth.
Old 17th December 2003, 6:52 PM   #24
StratosFear

officeworks was like that for me aswell. Guy was really friendly and there were no questions.

Now that I have had the camera for a couple of weeks I am starting to take decent shots. At first I had it on the wrong settings and they were horrible
Old 27th December 2003, 12:30 PM   #25
|\|!<|<

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad1
Dammit! I just bought an A70 2 weeks ago for $599. Just my luck.

Ah well I still consider the money worth it - it's a great camera. I love being able to adjust the shutter speed and aperture to experiment.
I bought my A70 for $599 in october, its annoying but i guess you have to jump in somewhere. Im still really happy with the A70. Need to buy a bigger CF card though...
|\|!<|< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2003, 5:50 PM   #26
xylem

yay i paid $599 for mine a coulpe of weeks before the A80 was released so yeah im happy, not, its cool tho, its a good camera for the money, fun to use, besides the presence of noise in poor lighting (typically indoor shots) and long exposure shots.

but hey thats what digital slr's are for, 300D for me as soon as i can afford one
xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2003, 8:38 PM   #27
White Rhino

Quote:
Quote:
5" x 7" (13x18 cm) $4.95

I have used this service to test it out - I can recommend it - excellent quality pics. I havn't tried the larger prints, but I've already sent off my next order. The little Kodak app is pretty cool, with a simple but effective tool to crop photo's to size.
I've been using the Kodak Labs at Kmart for a couple years now and they have always been excellent quality. But you've have always nedded to get 50 pics printed at the same time to get them done for $0.50 kinda a pain when I normally only have that many after going on a holiday. So this BIGW service is looking like an excellent deal. Thanks for the link StratosFear.

BTW for anyone looking for a Canon a70 or any other digi cam eBay is seriously the cheapest place to buy. A70 is going for 'round $350 atm. Got myself a Sony V1 from Japan last September for $950 when they weren't available under $1300 in Australia.

White Rhino

Last edited by White Rhino; 28th December 2003 at 8:38 PM.
White Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2003, 8:45 PM   #28
Frewy

Quote:
Originally posted by White Rhino

I've been using the Kodak Labs at Kmart for a couple years now and they have always been excellent quality. But you've have always nedded to get 50 pics printed at the same time to get them done for $0.50 kinda a pain when I normally only have that many after going on a holiday. So this BIGW service is looking like an excellent deal. Thanks for the link StratosFear.

BTW for anyone looking for a Canon a70 or any other digi cam eBay is seriously the cheapest place to buy. A70 is going for 'round $350 atm. Got myself a Sony V1 from Japan last September for $950 when they weren't available under $1300 in Australia.

White Rhino
[/QUOTE]
Rhino you only pick them up from Kmart because it's 15% off The prints are produced at the KodaK Main lab not by the crap mini-lab in the store and you can send and pick up only 1 print if you like

Last edited by Frewy; 28th December 2003 at 8:51 PM.
Frewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2003, 5:21 PM   #29
MeCh CoMmAnDeR

the office works thing, im in NSW does it apply too, as the centrecom site based in melbourne.. and dont usually those price match things only apply in same area? (i looked in site of office works didnt say much about area rules)

and also from office works site the a70 is around $600... mite be outdated or something.

And i was wondering if i could also use the coles myer shareholder card for anotehr 5% off the $475 lol
MeCh CoMmAnDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2003, 5:32 PM   #30
White Rhino

Quote:

Rhino you only pick them up from Kmart because it's 15% off The prints are produced at the KodaK Main lab not by the crap mini-lab in the store and you can send and pick up only 1 print if you like
Hmm... well the Kmart I go to (Pacific Fair) only just bothered gettin actually Kodak lab where you can get 1 print for $0.50. Up until that you had to get 50 printed else they were $0.80 each or something rediculous.

White Rhino