Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Game Consoles > Microsoft Consoles

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 21st December 2005, 7:40 PM   #31
sanjay

cant wait for bully

bunch of luddites in the US want it banned though, just like every other rockstar game

*goes back to GTA *
Over 120 Successful Trades on OCAU - Most Recent: dche5390, Rugal, Tornhelm, ummmz, darknight84, bumography, b4sk3tb4ll3r, marktadros, MoveIt, Maxknott, NoBooze, bnyboy, Stooge007, caddy, the_rick, Soupratt, Doktor, Logik47, KraniX, Talisman, start, gizmo_melb, Omarko, Arkanite, WooKiE_MaN, PM for full list
sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 21st December 2005, 8:27 PM   #32
Naru
(Banned or Deleted)

hmm, wasn't there a price drop on the 360 in japan ? Its been out under a month.

Anyway i'd say they would still be making games for the xbox for a while yet. the ps1 still get a new title released for it now and then. No big names though so if you're happy with that your xbox still has plenty of life in it, not to mention the existing top-of-the-crop games you could add to your library which will only be getting cheaper in price over as time goes by.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 8:11 AM   #33
silverbullet

I spoke to a good mate of mine the other day about this as he is always a great source for this kinda info, he told me that he has word through his sources that it will be a good while before they stop making games for the "standard Xbox" hence why i got one from my wife this Xmas and i love it! I am usually a pc gamer but don't mind gettin into a bit of console thrashing

Best part i like is you can take it over a mates place with ease and drink beer and play games, don't get any better than that. Then later on it has the option to be errrrr "modified" fantastic little machine imo

Btw, i got Forza and Halo2! I get my arse kicked in Halo2 cause i gotta get used to that damn controller,lol but i love Forza the performance cars are awesome!
silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 5:22 PM   #34
Chundermuffin

Is this question going to pop up each time a console is superceded? PSone had new games coming out for it two years after PS2 came out here. You can be sure Microsoft isn't going to completely dump the original Xbox within a year of 360. If anything, it'll make the original cheaper. And there are plenty of people out there that don't have the original machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru
hmm, wasn't there a price drop on the 360 in japan ? Its been out under a month.
A few shops have been advertising it under retail, but as with the original Xbox, its sales have been unremarkable there. I guess they have to do something to get it to sell.
OCAU // Drummer Club #5
Successful trades: Over 100
Chundermuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 6:05 PM   #35
sanjay

damn japs, they get all the latest awesome techy stuff served to them on a gold platter and they turn their noses at it! while in australia we're all fighting over the scraps

i suppose thats the result of a country addicted to anything that doesnt require much movement (not coz theyre lazy, but coz they CANT move).

the xbox has had a lifespan shorter than the PS2 by two years (that is, if the PS3 comes out around mid 2006 in japan/north america) and yet the xbox is more advanced - despite all this, you can bet they'll still be making PS2 games for a while yet.

at a lecture i attended earlier this year where the CEO of ratbag games (now EX CEO considering the unfortunate demise of that company) was discussing the release of a new PS2 game for mid 2006, i asked him why he bothered, considering the PS3 will be out by then; he said with the experience he has had in making and selling video games that there is always plenty of life left in superceded consoles.
Over 120 Successful Trades on OCAU - Most Recent: dche5390, Rugal, Tornhelm, ummmz, darknight84, bumography, b4sk3tb4ll3r, marktadros, MoveIt, Maxknott, NoBooze, bnyboy, Stooge007, caddy, the_rick, Soupratt, Doktor, Logik47, KraniX, Talisman, start, gizmo_melb, Omarko, Arkanite, WooKiE_MaN, PM for full list
sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 7:03 PM   #36
HagaRen

I wish they still made games for the Super Nintendo...
Old 29th December 2005, 9:24 AM   #37
george!

I'm glad I went for a computer instead of an Xbox!
The only microsoft things at home is microsoft office and windows XP Pro. Also SP2.
That's it. Nothing else. And my room is officially Microsoft and Sony free.
(Hint: I like Nintendo, they are the only ones really TRYING to change gaming, not just making the same controller fancier)

EDIT: Also the 360 won't be able to play most of the original Xbox games anyway.
george! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 9:28 AM   #38
mxlaser

Debateable...

Gaming needs to move online. NO ONE has done that like MS has with the x360...

Having a controller you can USE is better than innovation any day. So their newest one tilts... love to know how much you hand/wrist aches after a few hours gaming

That said, nintendo havent done ANYTHING innovitive thats taken off the last 5 years... They still ride on the success of games from the 80's, handhelds from the 90's and thats about it. Yes, some of their games are good fun, but i'd never call them innovative.

MS have "enhanced" the whole gaming feel. Online, community, media etc.

Sony, well we'll see how that pans out.

Much like PC games... name me one good game in the last month? Games are becomming same old same old, stagment and boring... Also few and far between. Shame really.. hence why im selling my 7800GT.

about 100+ games will play on the x360... and updating all the time... Thats another massive benifit
NINTENDO™ DS Lite ... Owners Club Member #0039
mxlaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 9:42 AM   #39
george!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxlaser
Debateable...

Gaming needs to move online. NO ONE has done that like MS has with the x360...

Having a controller you can USE is better than innovation any day. So their newest one tilts... love to know how much you hand/wrist aches after a few hours gaming

That said, nintendo havent done ANYTHING innovitive thats taken off the last 5 years... They still ride on the success of games from the 80's, handhelds from the 90's and thats about it. Yes, some of their games are good fun, but i'd never call them innovative.

MS have "enhanced" the whole gaming feel. Online, community, media etc.

Sony, well we'll see how that pans out.

Much like PC games... name me one good game in the last month? Games are becomming same old same old, stagment and boring... Also few and far between. Shame really.. hence why im selling my 7800GT.

about 100+ games will play on the x360... and updating all the time... Thats another massive benifit
Nintendo are adding internet play, the DS is revolutionary! The controller is the biggest revolution!!! If you actually let yourself learn about all the companies then you will realise.
george! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 11:38 AM   #40
mxlaser

Learn about all the companies?? whats that?

I play and use all of their hardware and have done since the 80's. I would of been playing NES before you, and SNES too (cheap short from growing up in europe unless you did too )

Yeah, looks good.. it will wear off right away... Why do you not think mice are that way.. they tried a few times over the years.. they are not revolutionary they just have bigger balls to try to make it work... The DS was a flop, the GC was a flop, they NEED this.

All the while, sony and MS dominate them to the point the console war is reallyonly a two horse race... Nintendo currently are the third horse your missus picks as they look lonely at the back of the pack....

Seriously look at all the vids and demos of the controller, if you can see yourself sitting for hours playing with it, your arms are obviously bigger than Arnies.. or will be at any rate from playing..

Wait to see what their normal controllers look like
Old 29th December 2005, 11:40 AM   #41
Deeman
Vagrant.

Quote:
The DS was a flop
Sorry, but saying that makes the rest of your post worthless. In what way is it a flop?
Deeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 11:42 AM   #42
mxlaser

Worldwide sales. The PSP, even though out later has double the sales of the DS, costing twice as much... That would stipulate a flop no?

Anything that doesnt and cant compete with its competitor is a flop...

The DS fits perfectly here.

But your not biased at all owning one yourself
Old 29th December 2005, 11:43 AM   #43
Zerstorer

Quote:
Worldwide sales. The PSP, even though out later has double the sales of the DS, costing twice as much... That would stipulate a flop no?

Anything that doesnt and cant compete with its competitor is a flop...

The DS fits perfectly here.
What a load of crap. The DS is outselling the PSP worldwide almost 2:1, and is outselling the PSP in the region that PSP was supposed to go the best in.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/678/678205p1.html
Zerstorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 11:46 AM   #44
mxlaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerstorer
What a load of crap. The DS is outselling the PSP worldwide almost 2:1, and is outselling the PSP in the region that PSP was supposed to go the best in.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/678/678205p1.html
Maybe my english reading is lacking but that says its fantastic in Japan.. .and?

Thats not worldwide?
Old 29th December 2005, 11:51 AM   #45
Zerstorer

Quote:
Maybe my english reading is lacking but that says its fantastic in Japan.. .and?

Thats not worldwide?
That article supports my argument that its outselling the PSP in Japan at least, so it's definately not a flop in one of the biggest gaming markets in the world, being the fastest selling unit ever in Japan. If you can call that a flop, then i don't know what you'd say isn't one.
Zerstorer is offline   Reply With Quote