OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors
|10th January 2007, 8:01 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2004
Really Quick to Prepare and Easy Vindaloo Curry
Here is a Quick Run down of a Vindaloo Curry, that you can put to together in a few Minutes.
* 1-2kg of Diced (1.5-3cm Cube) Chuck Steak (Butcher can do this for you)
* 1 Can of Pataks Vindaloo Sauce (comes in a Can) per 1.5kg of Meat
* 1 Tablespoon of Vindaloo Paste (Best Stuff from Local Indian Place)
* 2 Teaspoons of Cummin
* 1 Diced Chilli (Optional)
* 2 Large Potatoes (or 1x Sweet Potato)
* 1 Teaspoon of Garlic (Optional)
* Pinch of Salt
* Black Pepper Corns (With Grinder)
* Jasmine/Basmati Rice or Cous-Cous
* Slow Cooker
* Rice Cooker
* Chopping Board
Basically Add the Meat, Sauce, Paste Cummin, Garlic, Salt and Pepper into the Slow Cooker (from Cold!) and put the Slow Cooker on 'High'.
It Takes about 6-8 Hours to Cook, best thing for getting ready before you go to work .
Me Personally, after cooking i put it in the Fridge for a Day, then Put it back on the Slow Cooker on 'Low' for 4 Hours.
But after its cooked, (either way you do it) Dice the Potatoes then add the Potatoes (or any other veggies you like) to the slow cooker, on high heat allow 1-2 hours for the veggies to cook (depending on thickness).
Then Serve on a Bed of Rice (or my favorite 3/4 cooked Cous-Cous), 1 Cup of Rice (measured before cooking rice/cous-cous) per person usually gives a Substaintal meal for me, and im a big bloke.
Keeps for about 2-3 Days in the Fridge, just nuke for 2-3 Minutes in a 750w Microwave.
|Join OCAU to remove this ad!|
Sign up for a free OCAU account and this ad will go away!