OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Modding

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 9th April 2007, 7:50 PM   #1
Syvirus Thread Starter

Arrow WORKLOG: Stacker Mod

Lame Title name i know but i couldent think of anything els :P

After getting my Stacker 831 last week i really hated the plain silver look so ive decided im going to mod it a bit nothing to crazy just a paint job, neons and some graphics.

I want to paint the inside of the case Gloss black while i have the outside of the case a bright orange of some sort but im going to leave the mesh black most likely or ill replace them with perspex, Ill have green neon lights inside and maby some kind of graphics on the outside of the case( Most likely be stickers or if i can Air brushed ) most likely be a sniper theme or Tokyo Drift Theme.

Today i started to paint the inside of the case.

First i striped the case of everything witch took not long at all about 30mins max, Then i gave the case and penals a light sand back with 600G sandpaper and cleaned them with thinners.
( Sorry for the crappy pictures but i hat cameras )

Then i started to tape up the parts of the case with newspaper that i dident want to get painted which proved to be a timely and frustrating job...

After taping the case i got right into priming the case and panels with metal primer.

This is far as i got today seems it got heaps windy so im going to give it its coat of black paint tomorrow after work if its not windy so ill post more pictures then.

Well i finally finished painting the inside today and i must say i think it looks god damn good...

I did have a few problems but nothing too big. Ill take another picture tomorrow after its completely dry and put back together.

Let me know what you think about it!

Products Used For The Inside Of The Case ( All bought from bunnings )

Painters Scotch 3M tape - $10
600G Sandpaper - $1
Thinners - $10
Super Primer White Paint - $12
High Gloss Black Paint - $7
Clear High Gloss paint - $7

Ive decided i wont paint the rest of the case as i actually like the way the case looks for now.
Instead im going to start planing out where im going to mount all my W/C kit and neons.

Im going to mount the rad in the front like so.

I think ill have 4 fans hooked up to the rad 2 at the front and 2 at the back or ill have 1 at the front and 2 at the back depending on how much noise they make.

Oh well i finnaly put the kit into the case tonight but ive already seen some probs im gonna have when i try put the MB in and the graphics card but meh ill figure that crap out when it comes time to put them in

Dont know if any of you can see it but if you look in the bottom right corner of the case you will see two massive scratches, Thats hwat happend when you dont hold the drill right when screwing in screws lol.

Shitty picturs i know but oh well i donno how to use a camera anyway :P

ill update more next week when all the rest of my stuff comes.

Last edited by Syvirus; 26th April 2007 at 9:34 PM.
Syvirus is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 9th April 2007, 7:52 PM   #2
ChrisH

could you please shrink them down?
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2007, 7:56 PM   #3
Syvirus Thread Starter

I would if i know how, But i dont realy want to now seems it took me almost 1hr30mins just to upload them ( Gay dial up...) So if a Mod or admin could change them that would be cool.
Old 9th April 2007, 8:21 PM   #4
xdaman

thats because the images are 1.2mb each...

all in favour of getting Syvirus to come to peoples houses with 4 floppy disks raise your hand
xdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2007, 8:40 PM   #5
slamaa

hey matee, ge pixresizer, awsome program for resizing pics quickly, 640x480 is perfect for forums, just have a google for a download link
Old 9th April 2007, 9:06 PM   #6
VipeRzX

no need for that the pics are from imageshack, so instead of using the link direct linking to pics, use the thumbnail link... it's all there when you chose how to link pics in imageshack....
VipeRzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2007, 9:25 PM   #7
zetaplus

Good to see someone else isn't too scared to hax their stacker mate! I should have pics of mine soon, things are abit chaotic at home but hopefully can get my paintjob done!
zetaplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2007, 10:54 PM   #8
Saiyan_Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvirus View Post
I would if i know how, But i dont realy want to now seems it took me almost 1hr30mins just to upload them ( Gay dial up...) So if a Mod or admin could change them that would be cool.
Photoshop or Ctrl + E in MS paint is your friend~
Core i5 4570k @ stock (for now) | Asrock Z87 Extreme 6 | MSI Radeon 7870 OC | 8GB G.Skill 2133mhz DDR3 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 3X1TB WD Black Storage | Corsair HX1000 PSU | CM HAF-X | Samsung 2443BW
Saiyan_Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 6:09 AM   #9
Syvirus Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaplus View Post
Good to see someone else isn't too scared to hax their stacker mate! I should have pics of mine soon, things are abit chaotic at home but hopefully can get my paintjob done!
Yeh that would be good to see your case finished, Ill hopefully have the inside done today.
Old 10th April 2007, 7:50 PM   #10
Syvirus Thread Starter

There i made them smaller so we all happy now?

I started to paint the black on today but i ran out of paint So i had to drive back to town befor bunnings closed and i bought 2 more ( Better safe then sorry this time ) So if all gose well ill finnish painting tomorrow.
Old 11th April 2007, 10:09 AM   #11
GOD

I'm just wondering why are you painting a alumin case??
instead of buffing it up to a mirror shine?????
paint the out side but buff the inside....
or buff the exterior of the case also to mirror shine.....

GOD.....
Old 11th April 2007, 5:51 PM   #12
Syvirus Thread Starter

Hmm good idea GOD... Ill look into that and i might do the outside a mirror finish.
Old 12th April 2007, 9:43 PM   #13
zetaplus

If you want a mirror finish for the outside you may want to consider electroplating. Polishing is cheaper, but also more of a prick in the long run. Polishing requires repolishing etc. Plating requires a wipe down with a rag lol.
zetaplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 6:32 PM   #14
Syvirus Thread Starter

Ok well sorry i haven't posted anything lately ive been really busy with work....

Well ive hooked my w/c kit up and right now its on my floor running seems im testing it for leaks Hahahaha but i have all the holes drilled and what not ready for it to be put back into the case 2morrow as long as theres no leaking

And i ordered the rest of my pc last night so hopfully it will come on friday but i highly doubt it Then ill have to put all that junk into the case witch will prob take a few hrs...

E6600
Evga 680i MB
Evga 8800GTX
G.Skill DDR2 800 2gig ram
Seagate 320GB SATAII
SATAII DVD burner
Silverstone ST60F 600W

Now i just need to buy my new 24inch monitor and ill be all set for the next 5 years lol.