Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Old 2nd September 2008, 9:51 AM   #1
Cannula Thread Starter

Default Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Hey guys, I've been given control of the thread by Ma Baker.
A lot of things will change but any input you have will be greatly appreciated during this time.

Clan Members are strictly invite only by the current Clan Admin and Officers, who are;
Admin
Cannula#6861 Cannula
Officers
JAXMAX#1867 jET_M@X
FATMANTAN#6208 Fatmantan
jimmytim#6654 jimmytim903
Hzaife#1873 JamalH
HLKGAK#6909 tupac130996
Keggy#1238 Moakek
marduke#6393 moosi
BushElephant#1408 Bush Elephant

Officers; please check member list to see if person applying is an existing forum member before accepting their join request. (Member list link on top bar next to FAQ and then search).

How to apply for the clan:

To expedite your request follow these steps:

1. Add yourself to the google doc (highlight your record in yellow). OCAU Official 2014 Clan List

2.Add a message requesting to join within the thread.

3. We will add you to the clan manually once you have requested an invite here. We will be only adding you manually now because i have turned off auto request.

4. Applicants are needing to have 100 posts and/or be on OCAU for 12 months. Clans are for OCAU frequents only, unless otherwise reviewed by me or an officer.

Done.
OCAU Official 2014 Clan List - Only Active players make the cut sorry as their is 205 Max players allowed. ####LIMITED APPLICANT SPACES ATM####

Clan Rules:

# Zero tolerance of swearing intentially to other clan members here or in game. Officers or myself will give a warning and pm me here and explain the context.

# Botting I'll have to ask once to stop it or I'll be forced to remove you from the clan and report you to admins here if its on discussion about aquiring it. I have recently learnt that boting on this forum is also an offence so we are breaking rules here and via blizzard. I certainly don't want to indicate its OK to do so when I have said I don't mind previously. I have to make a decision and cannot be a fence sitter about it so appoligies. Clearly a lot don't agree and I have to cater for the majority and rules so if you want to bot do so in your own clan/community/lone wolf. Nothing personal.

# Happy times. Please don't harass each other about silly topics. Learn to live together and play fair. We are all mates here so let's keep it on topic (most of the time ) and yeah keep it pleasent for new comers and welcome them.

Diablo III Official Forums - General Discussions

Diablo III Official Reaper Of Souls Website - Find all the new information about the newly upcoming expansion to Diablo III

Diablo Fans - All the current news you will need for Diablo III-RoS, also uses blue tracker posts.

Elemental Discussion and explaination

Everything you should know about DPS - Detailed.

DIABLOFANS TORMENT LEGENDARY DROP RATE ALL CLASSES

How Cooldown Reduction works guide - LINK TO CALCULATOR
OCAU Diablo 3:Reaper Of Souls - Cannula#6861
| 486 | NexGen P90 | Pentium MMX 233 | Pentium Pro 200 | K6-2+ 550 | Celeron 300A | Pentium III 850 | Pentium III-S 1.4 | Dual Pentium III-S 1.4 | Pentium M 730 |
Hoarding; not a sickness, a way of life.

Last edited by Cannula; 16th June 2017 at 12:11 AM.
Cannula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Cannula Thread Starter

This is a basic general guide to leveling your first character at the start of a season if being powerleveled isn't an option.

Background
The most efficient way to level is running Fields of Misery and Halls of Agony level 2 and 3 runs solo. This is done by stringing hundred of kills together for a large Massacre bonus, over 400 kills gives the most experience. Knowing this you can run rifts solo if you prefer, also if in a group it would be better to run rifts as large massacre bonuses are almost impossible due to killing each others kills and distrupting the bonus.

If you find your gear is too weak and you have not had an upgrade in a while you can do a boss kill (but don't dismiss whites as they can be a quick upgrade at lower levels). It may can be beneficial to go to Act 1 Halls of Agony level 3 and run to the Butcher or go to Act 2, Archives of Zultun Kulle and kill Kulle for drops. Only do this if it is a bounty though as you will not recieve the large bounty chest after the kill otherwise. If neither of these bosses are bounties you can restart the game until one is, just don't waste too much time doing so. You can also craft weapons as you upgrade the Blacksmith, try not to use too many mats though. You should only be spending money to upgrade your three Artisans in town except early rings and amulets and upgrading rubies. At level 7 merchants begin to sell rings, try to buy a couple with + damage, it may not seem like much but it will increase your damage dramatically. There is a merchant per town that sells rings and amulets, try each town for + damage rings. You can restart the game if you do not find any but I would not do this more than twice as you can become too far behind in your progression. At level 10 merchants start to sell amulets, try for a + damage amulet then. Try to salvage what you pick up as mats too as they will be needed.

Starting on Campaign mode and running through to the Skeleton King then inviting others in the clan (if not done in a group) can be quite beneficial as playing this way guarantees a Leoric's Crown which increases the properties of the gem socketed in the helm by 75-100%.

Keep all legendary items as you progress even if low level legs with an extracable legendary property, then later you can add them to the cube to extract their legendary ability.

With gems simply sell any excess or what are too low level as you progress. The main gems are rubies, they are required in socketed helms for %XP bonus and in weapons as a damage bonus. Try not to upgrade rubies too often as this can become expensive, as you progress you will recieve higher level gems. Also keep gems for your primary type, rubies for strength, emeralds for dexterity and topazes for intelligence. Add to jewelry and armour (except helm) for a damage increase as you process. Once you hit level 61 keep Marquise and Imperial gems of all types.

Try to get items with experience bonus early on then life on hit and life regen later on.

Starting To Play
When playing start an adventure game on Master differculty. Upon entering the game see the Templar and equip his weapon. Hire him and press F1 and select a pet for gold pickup. Try to chain as many kills as possible for the largest massacre bonus you can if not doing rifts.
Once you reach level 3, lower the differculty to Expert. Later once you find you are not getting quick kills or getting killed, lower it again to Hard. When you restart the game you can choose to up the level if you are killing too quickly.

Play through towards level 70 and don't forget to get your cube from Act 3 - The Ruins of Sescheron. Run through to the Elder Sanctum and locate the cube.
Look at the seasonal journey and complete them to gain Haedrig's gifts which give you two set items for your cass, which set changes each season per class. Continue through the season journey and equip your character as you go.

If you choose to go Necromancer like most in season 11 here is a guide by Bluddshed.

Here are a couple starter builds for once you hit level 70.

Enjoy!
| 486 | NexGen P90 | Pentium MMX 233 | Pentium Pro 200 | K6-2+ 550 | Celeron 300A | Pentium III 850 | Pentium III-S 1.4 | Dual Pentium III-S 1.4 | Pentium M 730 |

Last edited by Cannula; 19th July 2017 at 1:47 PM.
Old 27th January 2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Cannula Thread Starter

Reserved for updates
Old 24th February 2010, 3:09 PM   #4
Onthax

anyone heard anything new?
Onthax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 5:49 PM   #5
Ravennoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthax View Post
anyone heard anything new?
Only that the starcraft Beta has been released, so everyone is focused on that (news wise)

I heard release of 2012 for D3, dont know how correct it is
PSN ID : Ravennoir - BattleTag : Ravennoir#1705
Ravennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 8:23 PM   #6
Snatch

The most recent news was reveals of the female versions of the Barbarian and Monk. Nothing exciting really, I'm guessing the 5th class reveal will be at blizzcon this year.
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 8:28 PM   #7
darenwilko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravennoir View Post

I heard release of 2012 for D3, dont know how correct it is

Asked at GAME about release date... On their system it says 30 Nov 2010.

I did ask about star craft 2 - They have no date at all for that...
I wonder if diablo 3 will come first?

Either way i wish it would hurry up!
darenwilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 9:09 PM   #8
bennyling

Quote:
Originally Posted by darenwilko View Post

If it is released then I will eat my hat.

Not that I have a hat to eat, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasnt View Post
Penguin Pipe
That being, the shit linux people smoke to think that they are better than Apple.
bennyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 9:11 PM   #9
Philll
(Taking a Break)

Quote:
I'm surprised they even knew what you were talking about. The PC section in any GAME store takes up about 3% of floor space.

Is this game DX11 or anything?
Philll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 9:14 PM   #10
Sebstar

Quote:

Blizzard already confirmed it won't be out this year but I'm holding out for a December 2011 release
Old 24th February 2010, 9:16 PM   #11
iNoob

Ive stopped caring about Diablo 3.

Its going to turn into like WOW, waste of money and time.
Old 24th February 2010, 9:18 PM   #12
SeiferCQGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNoob View Post

BLASPHEMY!
SeiferCQGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 9:19 PM   #13
Philll
(Taking a Break)

Quote:

Right. Might want to check with every other PC gamer in existence on that one.
Philll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 9:23 PM   #14
Autti

Quote:

you really are a noob.

For current info head over to diii.net
the main page has all current info on D3 and the wiki section has a lot of information and we also add to it when new data is available.

Forums are also good fun, just watch out for people whining that it looks like a wow clone, and that it won't be successful because its a sequel and because they wan't to make money.

Also we will be handing out beta-keys when they come around to prominent members, so enjoy
Autti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 10:00 PM   #15
Goose1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autti View Post
For current info head over to diii.net
the main page has all current info on D3 and the wiki section has a lot of information and we also add to it when new data is available.
What date was the latest piece of news on the main page released about the game?

Not including fan art or stuff about Diablo 2..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
I am not constipated.
Goose1981 is online now   Reply With Quote