Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 29th February 2012, 5:01 PM   #1681
skeletorlolwut

I'm going to make an assumption an assume I will never get into any blizzard beta testing because I got perma banned from the WoW forums 4 years ago.

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th February 2012, 5:45 PM   #1682
Zenskas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabba View Post
I honestly think they haven't started on the network optimisation yet and the server they are using for the testing might not be as good as the ones used for when it goes live.

Open betas are usually used for network/server teaking, that's why they are last in the testing agenda.
Hopefully gets better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
All loot generation is done server side. Each time you break a barrel for gold, whatever, the server tells the client what loot to drop.

Also check your ingame latency (has a meter in the bottom right corner). When playing with a friend the other night, he was commenting about similar issues and his latency was around 300-400ms while I was fine on 180ms.
Ah, shame that it has to use the net in such a way for playing by yourself. Should have all loot generation done on your own computer but oh well, thanks for the info
Will have a look at my latency, but I was not using my net for anything else and I get good pings for most games so figured I would be in line with the rest of Aus.
Just had a look and don't have anything about the latency in the bottom right. Had a look in the options menu and can't find anything either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raktor View Post
Try going into the options and changing from 64 sound channels to 32 - it did the trick for me.
Cheers, I will try this now
ED: Tried and seems a little better, but still not very good. Hopefully gets fixed in the next patch so I can get a better impression before deciding if I want to buy it or not.
Sleeper PC: Intel Core i5 2500K | Thermalright MUX-120 Black | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Inno3D GTX 570 OC | Thermalright Shaman | Samsung 830 256GB | Corsair AX850 | IBM Aptiva mATX | Lamptron FC Touch | Dell U2412M | IBM KB-9930 | Logitech G5 | Xtrac Ripper XXL
Steam

Last edited by Zenskas; 29th February 2012 at 5:52 PM.
Zenskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 6:48 PM   #1683
Vaempyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenskas View Post
Just had a look and don't have anything about the latency in the bottom right. Had a look in the options menu and can't find anything either
Its a vertical bar near the right-hand globe, near the icons for portal / inventory / journal etc. It shows green / orange / red depending on your latency. Hover your cursor over it for your latency in ms.

Twitter | Blog
This post does not constitute legal advice.
Vaempyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 6:58 PM   #1684
Zenskas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaempyr View Post
It’s a vertical bar near the right-hand globe, near the icons for portal / inventory / journal etc. It shows green / orange / red depending on your latency. Hover your cursor over it for your latency in ms.
Ah now I see it, was looking for a number or something. Well I'm getting 230ms, not that good but not as bad as the 300-400 some people were getting but it's still lagging a fair bit everytime I get loot. Hopefully we get Aussie servers or the loot system is moved to the computer rather than a server
Sleeper PC: Intel Core i5 2500K | Thermalright MUX-120 Black | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Inno3D GTX 570 OC | Thermalright Shaman | Samsung 830 256GB | Corsair AX850 | IBM Aptiva mATX | Lamptron FC Touch | Dell U2412M | IBM KB-9930 | Logitech G5 | Xtrac Ripper XXL
Steam
Old 29th February 2012, 7:01 PM   #1685
RyoSaeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenskas View Post
loot system is moved to the computer rather than a server
That will never happen. Not when real money trade is involved.
RyoSaeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 7:04 PM   #1686
Zenskas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
That will never happen. Not when real money trade is involved.
Ah I see. Well Aussie servers better happen otherwise I will just have to go back to torchlight
Steam
Old 1st March 2012, 11:19 AM   #1687
hystericalme
(Banned or Deleted)

Hey all, we've hooked up with @Blizzard_ANZ to get 100 beta keys to give away to Australian's and NZ'ers.

It's a pretty simple twitter competition; no hoop jumping.

Details are here.

Here is link from Blizzard just so you guys know it's official and not a scam- https://twitter.com/#!/Blizzard_ANZ/...17516643520513 as well as the forums - https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/to...2848557?page=1

Last edited by hystericalme; 1st March 2012 at 12:39 PM.
hystericalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 1:43 PM   #1688
Philll
(Taking a Break)

600 people laid off at Blizzard

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzar...ff-600-6360584
Philll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 1:46 PM   #1689
soulblade64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hystericalme View Post
It's a pretty simple twitter competition; no hoop jumping.
Having the sign up to Twitter is hoop jumping.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 1:49 PM   #1690
hystericalme
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
Having the sign up to Twitter is hoop jumping.
Not if you already have an account. I tried to come up with something where no-one had to register for a forum, write a story or sign up with their email address or Facebook. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.
Old 1st March 2012, 1:51 PM   #1691
soulblade64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hystericalme View Post
Not if you already have an account. I tried to come up with something where no-one had to register for a forum, write a story or sign up with their email address or Facebook. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.
Still have to sign up to twitter :P

Easier option would almost be posting in an open comment system where you only have to enter name and email address.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 1:52 PM   #1692
Zenskas

Nothing wrong with having to sign up for twitter, it ain't like you have to use it. I barely go on twitter, only use it for this kind of scenario.
Steam
Old 1st March 2012, 1:53 PM   #1693
hystericalme
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
Still have to sign up to twitter :P

Easier option would almost be posting in an open comment system where you only have to enter name and email address.
Which would pretty much result in people getting scraped and spammed.
Old 1st March 2012, 1:54 PM   #1694
Philll
(Taking a Break)

Is it only for people with active twitter accounts? Otherwise, what's the point? People will just sign up 100 times and enter
Philll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 1:57 PM   #1695
hystericalme
(Banned or Deleted)

I will be verifying each winner before handing out the keys. I don't wanna say much more than that to avoid any abuse.