OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors
|29th November 2008, 8:22 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Creamy Chicken Curry
Hey all had a go at my mums recipe for chicken curry. Still don't think its as good as mums, but given that everyone had second helpings (and the pot was licked clean ) it tasted pretty good.
Creamy Thick Chicken Curry
500g Chicken breast, diced
200g chicken legs
2 large potatos, chopped
1 can coconut cream
3 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp salt
4 tblsp curry powder
3 tblsp red chilli powder
2 tsp tumeric powder
1 can (use the coconut cream can) water
2 tbsp butter/ghee
3 sliced green chillies (can be omitted)
handful of curryleaves
1 red onion sliced n diced
2 bulbs garlic minced
1 small piece ginger also minced
8 cardomoms, 2 cloves
2" piece of cinnamon
1. Mix the first half of ingredients together in a bowl, adding cream last. Stand at room temp for about 15 minutes. Do not forget the vinegar.
2. Meanwhile, put the butter in a deep saucepan and when spitting, add the chillies, onion etc... Stir till golden
3. Pour in chicken mix, add 1 can of water
4. Cover and boil for 5mins
5. Remove cover, stir few times, lower heat and leave uncovered and simmer for 1/2 hour.
6. Taste, add more salt if required, squeeze half a lime over, stir, simmer a bit more
7. Serve over yellow basmati rice (cooked the normal way, just add turmeric, peppercorns, cardamom)
Click to view full-sized image!
Hosted by UGBox Image Store
Last edited by Meowrrr; 29th November 2008 at 8:32 PM.
|Join OCAU to remove this ad!|
Sign up for a free OCAU account and this ad will go away!