Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Portable & Small Form Factor

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 19th February 2009, 3:20 PM   #1
goodguy82 Thread Starter

Default HOW TO CHECK IMEI ON LAPTOP?

Need you expert help. Is there a way to check your sn or imei on your laptop via windows?

OCAU SSD CLUB
OCAU SSD CLUB #1
goodguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 19th February 2009, 3:49 PM   #2
bennyg

type *#06# and press enter

Seriously, I thought IMEI was only for phones. NB your 3G/broadband/wireless modem probably is technically a mobile phone. I'll try next time I have mine plugged in - try either the software you use to connect, or windoze device mangler.

Serial number probably depends on the brand. My Dells have it written on the bottom along with the service tag - much quicker than opening anything on the computer
Successful trades: 18, value >$2500

Last edited by bennyg; 19th February 2009 at 3:51 PM.
bennyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 5:21 PM   #3
rhysxanthis

Urr, i'm pretty sure IMEI numbers are just for phones as well.

Unless your laptop has 3G built in?
Old 19th February 2009, 6:03 PM   #4
goodguy82 Thread Starter

we sell those dell mini inspiron 9" notebook with 5gb data at work but i cant find the sn or imei number.

OCAU SSD CLUB
OCAU SSD CLUB #1
goodguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 7:00 PM   #5
CAPT-Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguy82 View Post
we sell those dell mini inspiron 9" notebook with 5gb data at work but i cant find the sn or imei number.
Do the laptops have an inbuild mobile broadband utility or are they sold with a modem or whatever? If the latter, then the laptops you're selling don't have IMEI numbers.

If your business sells these sorts of things, you should know where to look for certain details before actually selling them...
FALADIS - P6T-SE | i7 920 + Zalman CNPS 10X | 8GB XMS3 C8 | Sapphire 5870 1GB | Seagate 7200.12 500GB + 1TB | FT01 | CoolerMaster 1000W | LG BH12LS38 | G15 (v2) | W7 x64 Ultimate | Creative I-Trigue 3400
PHYRAXUS - DP67DE | i3 2100 | 2GB XMS3 C9 | EVGA GT430 1GB | Samsung F4EG HD204UI 2TB x4 | PC-V354B | OCZ Fatal1y 550W | Fedora 15 x64 + 4TB MDRAID5
ASICUS - ASUS N53SV (W8 x64 Ultimate) | HYPHAERION - HP Compaq 2510p (Fedora 17 x64)
CAPT-Irrelevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 11:37 PM   #6
shtonkalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT-Irrelevant View Post
Do the laptops have an inbuild mobile broadband utility or are they sold with a modem or whatever? If the latter, then the laptops you're selling don't have IMEI numbers.

If your business sells these sorts of things, you should know where to look for certain details before actually selling them...
I believe the OP may be working for Vodafone as they are the only reseller I know of in Australia selling the Dell Mini 9 with "Mobile Broadband".

I assume these come with the same connection software as the USB 3G modems from Vodafone so you may want to find out if the IMEI is readable through that software.
Failing that the adapter may have the IMEI printed on it but you may have to remove the back cover to find out.
I suppose it could also be on a sticker on the netbook itself, on the underside. Have you had a look?

If you are working for Vodafone then I would like to think they provide the IMEI numbers with the machines if you are required to know it. Also if you need to retrieve the IMEI from the machine then there should be someone available to you with the knowledge on how to do it.

If you don't work for Vodafone can you let us know if this is a Vodafone Mini 9 or some other providers connection?
Also you may like to try and ask at a Vodafone store for assistance on retrieving the IMEI.
shtonkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 11:39 PM   #7
SupremeMoFo

Contact Dell instead perhaps? Their hardware.
edit - it appears this is not the pub.
SupremeMoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 3:21 AM   #8
josh81

Yea what laptop do you have OP?
Did you buy a laptop with the 3G WWAN card already built in, or did you buy the WWAN card/module seperately and install it?
Ebay charges me listing fees, gallery fees, final value fees, and paypal fees. And has the gaul to put advertisments from online and retail stores, for the same product that i'm selling, on my listing page. To many mother uckers, ucking with my shit!
josh81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 2:48 PM   #9
SupremeMoFo

Here, is this any help?

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/e...g/features.htm
edit - it appears this is not the pub.
SupremeMoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 11:14 PM   #10
josh81

Yeah that's it SupremeMoFo, the IMEI and other info is found in the card's utility software.
If you don't have a Dell mini 9, or you've bought a seperate HSDPA card, then it would probably be in Device Properties for the HSDPA card, in Hardware Manager.
Ebay charges me listing fees, gallery fees, final value fees, and paypal fees. And has the gaul to put advertisments from online and retail stores, for the same product that i'm selling, on my listing page. To many mother uckers, ucking with my shit!
josh81 is offline   Reply With Quote