Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 11th December 2011, 6:15 PM   #14656
iNoob

Having some funky bugs.

Spawn on teammate and spawn a 500m above the map dead.
Had some sniper teammate in a U shape with his feet touching the back of his head

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 11th December 2011, 6:41 PM   #14657
brett_lp

I know someone may have already posted about this, but there are way to many pages to sift through. This game is starting to get so unfuckenbearabley (i know this isnt a word) annoying.

I cannot connect to a single game. WTF has happened since the 2 patches ago? Has anyone worked this problem out? I have heard it has something to do with PunkBuster, but i have reinstalled it, added the game manually many, many, many, times over and to some success then it fucks up again.

Please help me, and excuse my language but i am fed up.

Thank You
My DTR: Metabox P375SM Intel i7 4900MQ | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866Mhz DDR3 | GTX 780M SLI | 256GB Plextor M5M mSata, 2x Seagate ST500LM000 SSHD 500GB | Blu-ray Reader/DVD burner | Win 8 Pro x64 | 17.3" 72% Matte | Intel Wireless-AC 7260 | Logitech Z906 | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G700s | Astro A50 | Asus VE278Q
brett_lp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 6:59 PM   #14658
iNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett_lp View Post
I know someone may have already posted about this, but there are way to many pages to sift through. This game is starting to get so unfuckenbearabley (i know this isnt a word) annoying.

I cannot connect to a single game. WTF has happened since the 2 patches ago? Has anyone worked this problem out? I have heard it has something to do with PunkBuster, but i have reinstalled it, added the game manually many, many, many, times over and to some success then it fucks up again.

Please help me, and excuse my language but i am fed up.

Thank You
Hey mate,

Do every windows update that you can possibly do, update graphics driver physx (if applicable). That usually sorts out the problems. I have no fucking idea why it doesn't work without microcrap security updates.

Also try launching battlelog with the newest version of Internet Explorer.

let us know how you go.
Old 11th December 2011, 7:05 PM   #14659
walker_2003

I miss tracking darts and user guided missiles.. it sux as an engineer u r either a threat to tanks or planes not both (well the occasional flukey rocket exception)

Sux sniper useless verse tanks too, should also get c4.
Wanted: EVGA 780ti/780ti SC for $300 no more (ill wait till you give in!!) - #120hzwh0re
My Rig:i7-3960X@4.6 GHZ | ASUS RIVF | 16 GIG 1866MHZ | EVGA GTX 780TI SC | 120 GIG INTEL 520 | WIN 8.1 PRO | D5 & XSPC W/C | 800D | 24" ASUS 120HZ
walker_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 7:09 PM   #14660
brett_lp

Windows is up to date, 290.36 beta driver.
I use chrome as a browser, never liked IE
My DTR: Metabox P375SM Intel i7 4900MQ | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866Mhz DDR3 | GTX 780M SLI | 256GB Plextor M5M mSata, 2x Seagate ST500LM000 SSHD 500GB | Blu-ray Reader/DVD burner | Win 8 Pro x64 | 17.3" 72% Matte | Intel Wireless-AC 7260 | Logitech Z906 | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G700s | Astro A50 | Asus VE278Q
Old 11th December 2011, 7:12 PM   #14661
qnutnut

Quote:
Windows is up to date, 290.36 beta driver.
I use chrome as a browser, never liked IE
Update BF3's Punkbuster manually

http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

When you get the program running, Click ADD GAME, find BF3.
After That is done, Click 'Check for updates'
Once its all completed, Restart PC.

let us know how you go.
why are you going for big numbers right off the bat?
unles you have previous experience with the cpu/mobo and know their limitations you should go slow. if a new girl is shy and stuff you dont jump right into anal <:
qnutnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 7:23 PM   #14662
walker_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker_2003 View Post
any1 getting hard locks?

My mate is who is new to the game..

i7-930 @ 2.8ghz
12 gig ram
x58a-UD3R
2 x 6870's
2 x 2tb HDD's
Win 7 64
Ati Cat 11.11c
650w corsair

Sometimes 5 mins in sometimes 2 hrs in.. random and hard lock cant ctrl-alt-del..

Rkn maybe PSU isnt enough? or a Bf3 issue?
seem to have fixed it.. did the following

-Manual PB update
-Closed Steam
-Got a new sound-card

now to figure out how to use microphone on soundcard doesnt detect :S
Wanted: EVGA 780ti/780ti SC for $300 no more (ill wait till you give in!!) - #120hzwh0re
My Rig:i7-3960X@4.6 GHZ | ASUS RIVF | 16 GIG 1866MHZ | EVGA GTX 780TI SC | 120 GIG INTEL 520 | WIN 8.1 PRO | D5 & XSPC W/C | 800D | 24" ASUS 120HZ
walker_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 7:26 PM   #14663
brett_lp

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnutnut View Post
Update BF3's Punkbuster manually

http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

When you get the program running, Click ADD GAME, find BF3.
After That is done, Click 'Check for updates'
Once its all completed, Restart PC.

let us know how you go.
I have done this a few times, but I may be picking the wrong file path. ATM I use 'E:\EA\Battlefield 3'. Should i actually select the PB service in the bf3 folder?
BTW this didn't work just then.
Old 11th December 2011, 8:42 PM   #14664
RThirtyFour

Quote:
I have done this a few times, but I may be picking the wrong file path. ATM I use 'E:\EA\Battlefield 3'. Should i actually select the PB service in the bf3 folder?
BTW this didn't work just then.
I had the same problem. Tried everything that I could find on the net but still no joy. The only thing that worked was to go into my router setup and disable UPnP and Extended security. I know this was the problem because as soon as I enable them again I can't log into any servers. My modem is the Thomson TG7827. If you have this modem I can explain the process if you need.
RThirtyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 8:47 PM   #14665
brett_lp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RThirtyFour View Post
I had the same problem. Tried everything that I could find on the net but still no joy. The only thing that worked was to go into my router setup and disable UPnP and Extended security. I know this was the problem because as soon as I enable them again I can't log into any servers. My modem is the Thomson TG7827. If you have this modem I can explain the process if you need.
I think mine is a similar modem. not sure if its a thomson but the model number is TG 582n. i cant remember the ip addy of the router.

BTW im also using AVG Internet Security.
Old 11th December 2011, 9:01 PM   #14666
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker_2003 View Post

Sux sniper useless verse tanks too, should also get c4.
Not sniper, but recon. Whats the point of having a big fuck off rifle you can shoot fellas from 500+m, or a mav, or a soflam if you are gonna run up and rambo a tank with c4.

I see more blokes than tanks in this game. Ill choose the rifle, and a nice hidey hole
Old 11th December 2011, 9:07 PM   #14667
RThirtyFour

Quote:
I think mine is a similar modem. not sure if its a thomson but the model number is TG 582n. i cant remember the ip addy of the router.

BTW im also using AVG Internet Security.
That does sound like a Thomson
To access the setup go your browser and put in 10.0.0.138 From the main page, under "toolbox", click on "Game and Application". Under "Pick a task" hit "Assign a game or application to a local network device" and un check "Use UPnP" and "Use Extended Security" Re start your modem and give it a go. It worked for me.
RThirtyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 9:28 PM   #14668
pugsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
i laser'd a transport helicopter and watched three javelins race up to it. That was a good kill.
Was insane tonight, tried to have a fly on operation firestorm, but there as a soflam That seemed like it covered the whole map. Couldnt seem to hide from them, (Or see them for that matter) would get up in the air and have guided shells coming at me from the other side of the map

Quote:
Originally Posted by damn duck View Post
Why is it so easy to get "rational" people to fight one another over the most meaningless shit?
pugsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 10:14 PM   #14669
beersandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsley View Post
Was insane tonight, tried to have a fly on operation firestorm, but there as a soflam That seemed like it covered the whole map. Couldnt seem to hide from them, (Or see them for that matter) would get up in the air and have guided shells coming at me from the other side of the map

just did firestorm. we had a squad few engineers one recon one support sat on top the mountain and javed people the entire match. lulz were had.

eventually they just ran up the mountain to try to stop us

soflam and javes should be fun on wake island
Old 11th December 2011, 10:18 PM   #14670
pugsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by beersandwich View Post
just did firestorm. we had a squad few engineers one recon one support sat on top the mountain and javed people the entire match. lulz were had.

eventually they just ran up the mountain to try to stop us

soflam and javes should be fun on wake island
Sonofa... We might have been playing the same server (UniversalTraitor here) Some of our guys took the hill, was wondering why they were up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damn duck View Post
Why is it so easy to get "rational" people to fight one another over the most meaningless shit?
pugsley is offline   Reply With Quote