OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 17th March 2012, 6:42 PM   #421
Mr Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevros View Post
Yeah ive always used the keyboard to move in guildwars, you cant really be successful by using click to move in pvp because you cant bodyblock, kite as effectively and dodge arrows or lightning orbs.

Im quite interested to see what role the mesmer will play now that the classes arent as defined and there is no dedicated healer.

Im pretty sure there were emails sent around today that have something to do with the beta....cough cough......
Actually, click to move was key to good PvP movement and control in GW1... at least for the front line (warriors mostly), it's lag free and micro movements between attacks allowed for better positioning/body blocking...

Search Guru or QQ for the terms Quarter stepping (Q Step) or Chiizu Dancing and you'll probably find some discussion on the topic.

Emails... oh, not in my inbox they aren't

As for mouse controls, even back when I was using a 5 button mouse (ye olde Microsoft Explorer mouse) I had the side buttons mapped to Target Nearest and Target Next for easier targeting, cycling through opponents to watch for skill activations etc

Last edited by Mr Blue; 17th March 2012 at 6:49 PM.
Mr Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 17th March 2012, 6:49 PM   #422
IzzehO

Evidentally there is still an NDA (this late into the development cycle) so anyone who DIDN'T get a beta invite should say so, so we can conclude the number that didn't get in :S
IzzehO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 6:55 PM   #423
ausghostdog

I can confirm Australians are in the beta >.>. I will refuse to give any more information. I will prove to a mod if needed there are Australians in the beta if needed.
ausghostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 8:31 AM   #424
6wolfy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Evidentally there is still an NDA (this late into the development cycle) so anyone who DIDN'T get a beta invite should say so, so we can conclude the number that didn't get in :S
~cries...oh the pain why no beta invite
6wolfy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 9:05 AM   #425
lazjen

*sigh* no invite for myself or the wife.

I think I'll have to organize some "away from computer" time that weekend instead so I'm not reminded.
Old 18th March 2012, 10:18 AM   #426
Stevros

I wonder how many people they took, must be quite a few considering theres already 3 confirmed just from ocau that are in the beta. I really didnt think any aussies would get the nod for the first round.
Steam: Steve84__84
Origin : Goldcrow
Stevros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 11:29 AM   #427
mark_vr_limited

No invite for me
Main PC: 2500K@4.6ghz w/212+ | GB-Z68X-UD4 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 | Agility 3 120GB | GB- GTX 670 OC | Revo85+ 1020W | AS 27" IPS + Samsung 245B | Razer Deathadder w/ Goliuthus | Nighthawk X8 custom | Audioengine 2 | TJ07 custom white
WTB: Coolink 92mm fan, 5.25 drive bay mesh
mark_vr_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 2:25 PM   #428
lazjen

Quote:
I wonder how many people they took, must be quite a few considering theres already 3 confirmed just from ocau that are in the beta. I really didnt think any aussies would get the nod for the first round.
There was a ANet rep or dev that mentioned "tens of thousands" being required for the next beta. If you assume 20K testers and the 1 million sign up, your chance was about 2%.
Old 18th March 2012, 4:15 PM   #429
Mr Blue

Didn't Anet mention that the invites would be sent over the next FEW days... not being in the first wave of emails doesn't mean you've missed out quite yet... hope springs eternal!
Old 18th March 2012, 4:24 PM   #430
Stevros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blue View Post
Didn't Anet mention that the invites would be sent over the next FEW days... not being in the first wave of emails doesn't mean you've missed out quite yet... hope springs eternal!
The first email was a "congrats you have been chosen, enter some details" email then "we will send you info regarding the beta in the next few days" so maybe thats what they are referring to.
Steam: Steve84__84
Origin : Goldcrow
Stevros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 4:29 PM   #431
Mr Blue

Quote:
The first email was a "congrats you have been chosen, enter some details" email then "we will send you info regarding the beta in the next few days" so maybe thats what they are referring to.
Posted on GW2 Facebook page yesterday "Yes, beta invitations have begun going out. They'll be sent out over the next few days. Please remember that discussing the beta in any way, shape, or form -- including your status in it -- is a breach of NDA. Don't risk your beta access!"

Next few days... of constantly checking for new emails!
Old 19th March 2012, 8:03 AM   #432
moist.au
(Banned or Deleted)

Just incase it hasn't been posted yet - gives you a great insight into how big the game world actually is.

Unfortunately no beta invite for me le sigh.
moist.au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 12:01 PM   #433
Silent Remorse
GAMING OVERLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneburner View Post

The beta at the end of march has not been promoted at any time as a Beta Weekend Event (BWE), but a "normal" closed beta with the very slim chance of being chosen as a beta tester. Maybe to some it might seem they've screwed up, but looking at the website and the announcements from ANet staff, it's all pretty consistent.
The information I have seems to match this - the locked closed beta is 99% likely to be a 24/7 delio for content testing and feedback, as well as things like pvp balancing, pve raid content testing and long term server population (as in, longer than 2 days). Beta Weekends will exist to let in a larger number of players in for stress testing and events.
Old 19th March 2012, 12:05 PM   #434
yanman

Didn't get in :/
yanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 12:38 PM   #435
Silent Remorse
GAMING OVERLORD

Guys - It's probably worth not posting that you didn't get in, since people who actually did can't say, so we'd just have a thread full of "Nopes ". Just keep the discussion focused on game impressions, opinions, and other standard stuff. There are (and will be) tons of previews and beta impressions on the way, so lots more information will become available.