Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Game Consoles > Sony Consoles

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 17th June 2010, 5:49 PM   #31
ice_cool

awesome for trophy whores who don't want to buy games:
Full Game Trial:
This premium feature gives you the chance to try PSN and Blu-ray disc titles before you buy them in a whole new way. We are not talking normal demos of selected parts of a game here. With Full Game Trial, you can download the full game and play it as if you owned it for approximately one hour, depending on the game, before you decide if you want to buy it or not. So you can check out the online modes, play against friends or anything else you’d normally do with a game.

The other great thing is that your progress and trophies from the trial will all be unlocked if you buy the game so no need to go back and start again.

just free trial to get trophies, rinse and repeat
My Sales Threads Current:
ice_cool is online now   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 17th June 2010, 6:37 PM   #32
FatBoyNotSoSlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_cool View Post
The other great thing is that your progress and trophies from the trial will all be unlocked if you buy the game so no need to go back and start again.

just free trial to get trophies, rinse and repeat
I promise to not abuse this system at all.
Old 17th June 2010, 6:41 PM   #33
VippiN

I'll subscribe for the first year and see how it goes. $70 really isn't much for an entire year, I spend more than that for one night out, so can't hurt to try it.
Old 17th June 2010, 7:04 PM   #34
The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakeDude View Post
I thought there was some talk about providing extended warranty for PSN+ users - or am I just going crazy?
That was from rumours earlier this year based on a survey that was going around with ideas for what to include. It the most recent batch of rumours is was heavily suggested, but evidently it didn't make the cut. Shame, that would have been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni9ht_5ta1k3r View Post
hmmm.......
Hmm what? $70 per year for around $340 worth of goodies seems pretty awesome to me! Even if you only like 1/4 of the stuff they give you, you're still saving money. And given the full version of Little Big Planet is rumoured to be included you just can't go wrong.

This isn't like Live where you pay for the privilege of playing with your friends or the privilege of getting access to stuff you have to then pay more money for, PS+ seems to actually be good value for money - and is completely optional.
Old 17th June 2010, 7:18 PM   #35
soulblade64

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Hmm what? $70 per year for around $340 worth of goodies seems pretty awesome to me! Even if you only like 1/4 of the stuff they give you, you're still saving money. And given the full version of Little Big Planet is rumoured to be included you just can't go wrong.

This isn't like Live where you pay for the privilege of playing with your friends or the privilege of getting access to stuff you have to then pay more money for, PS+ seems to actually be good value for money - and is completely optional.
While $340 worth of goodies for $70 sounds good, you're forgetting that not everyone needs the crap they're throwing at you.

Since I haven't spent anything on PSN, it's a damn good thing this service is optional.

Also, I can't wait for the automatic system update to do an update to one that is bricking consoles. "Thanks Sony, I just paid you to automatically brick my console"
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 7:27 PM   #36
emblurr

First 3 months free, obviously will do that.

Join PlayStation Plus and start getting even more from your PlayStation 3 with a whole host of premium and exclusive features, including games and content worth at least $340* a year, member only PSN features and much more.
Games: enjoy loads of PlayStation Network games, minis and PS one classics plus premium avatars and dynamic themes, all worth at least $340* a year. You'll also get exclusive PlayStation Store discounts and early access to demos and beta trials. Content is updated every month on PlayStation Store, so there will always be something new to enjoy.
Full Game Trial: try before you buy with a one-hour trial of selected PlayStation Network titles and Blu-ray Disc releases.
Automatic Download: receive the latest PS3 system software updates, all your game updates and even game demos without lifting a finger.

* Approximate value based on average RRP of available content, excluding discounts, calculated using exchange rates as at May 2010. Actual value may vary. Access to some content, excluding discounted content, terminates at the end of the subscription period.

I hope they still leave the Special Offers separate and not include them as part of the PSN plus discount.

PSN username: Emblur
emblurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 7:39 PM   #37
The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
While $340 worth of goodies for $70 sounds good, you're forgetting that not everyone needs the crap they're throwing at you.
Clearly this service isn't for you, your primary console is the Xbox and you reluctantly own a PS3 for the exclusives. There are however, millions of people that will enjoy the value offered by this service.

Quote:
Since I haven't spent anything on PSN, it's a damn good thing this service is optional.
I totally agree, it is a damn good thing. Just like free online gaming is a damn good thing. Damn Sony for not making you spend money, damn them to hell!

Quote:
Also, I can't wait for the automatic system update to do an update to one that is bricking consoles. "Thanks Sony, I just paid you to automatically brick my console"
And yet despite the class action lawsuits of tens of dozens of angry American teenagers, Sony has never been shown to produce firmware that bricks their consoles. Don't let facts get in the way of your ranting though.

Ignoring the obvious melodrama in your comments, I'd wager the automatic update options will be configurable giving you the option to exclude firmware from auto updating.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:27 AM   #38
SaMbO

/POPCORN

i'll be signing up for this. PSN games are typically good or good for a laugh and i've got a psp.
I love the idea of not having to update my games and system manually, nothing worse than popping a disc in, already brimming with anticipation for the gaming goodness that is about to follow, only to have to wait for the latest patch to download and install.
SaMbO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 10:44 AM   #39
funkthis

I'll definitely give this a try; despite there only being a few features that I think I'll use $70 per year is a very fair price to pay IMO.
funkthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 11:04 AM   #40
MatchTheClown

I wonder if it's worth updating my 2 PSP's to latest firmware (un custom them) so I can play the PSN games on them as well as on the ps3.... worth it?

They are great draw fillers currently.

Have traded successfully with: JeffK, RuBbErDuCk, DicKWeeD, rockuman_ex, Shad0w, BigAl, Donut, vinnY and Flanamacca, Digian, mountford, pingu, neo_ranga, ditch_101, KatatonicKwan, seven7, mindstormr, Paccus, seaQuest_AMD, Linton, warrenr, cyrax83.
MatchTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 4:58 PM   #41
VippiN

Default Playstation Plus Launched!

Playstation Plus

Quote:
Join PlayStation Plus and start getting even more from your PlayStation 3 with a whole host of premium and exclusive features, including games and content worth at least $340* a year, member only PSN features and much more.

Follow our step by step guide and subscribe now for PlayStation Plus

Games: enjoy loads of PlayStation Network games, minis and PS one classics plus premium avatars and dynamic themes, all worth at least $340* a year. You'll also get exclusive PlayStation Store discounts and early access to demos and beta trials. Content is updated every month on PlayStation Store, so there will always be something new to enjoy.
Full Game Trial: try before you buy with a one-hour trial of selected PlayStation Network titles and Blu-ray Disc releases.
Automatic Download: receive the latest PS3 system software updates, all your game updates and even game demos without lifting a finger.
* Approximate value based on average RRP of available content, excluding discounts, calculated using exchange rates as at May 2010. Actual value may vary. Access to some content, excluding discounted content, terminates at the end of the subscription period.
Quote:
Latest Content
Find out the latest content available to PlayStation Plus members.
29 June 2010 to 3 August 2010

Games
LittleBigPlanet (standard edition) - special offer only available until 3 August 2010
WipEout HD
Field Runners (minis)
Age of Zombies (minis)
Destruction Derby (PS one Classic)
Full Game Trials
Shatter
Savage Moon
Special Offers
LittleBigPlanet: God of War Pack - 50%
LittleBigPlanet: LocoRoco costume pack - 50%
Gravity Crash - 20%
Fat Princess DLC - 20%
Premium Game Downloads
KillZone 2: Steel & Titanium map pack
Automatic Download Demos
ModNation Racers demo
Heavy Rain demo
Dynamic Themes and Premium Avatars
LittleBigPlanet Dynamic Theme
Game Is Just The Start Dynamic Theme
Fat Princess Premium Avatars
This content list is for information purposes only and is subject to change.
Terms and conditions apply to the LittleBigPlanet special offer, please refer to au.playstation.com/legal.
So who's getting it? LBA for free sounds pretty darn good.
Old 30th June 2010, 6:51 PM   #42
Clint84

i cant find a price
Clint84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 7:31 PM   #43
nugget28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint84 View Post
i cant find a price

Heres month two
Quote:
Month 2: August 4th – September 1st
PSN PS3: Zen Pinball
minis: Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death
PSone: Medievil
Full Game Trial: Inferno Pool, Mushroom Wars
Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defence Table – 20%, Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%, Super Stardust HD - 20%, WipeOutHD Fury – 20%
Premium Game Elements: Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack
Push Demo: Flower, Pixel Junk Shooter
Themes: “SCEE produced: PlayStation + Dynamic Theme (in production), Heavy Rain Crime Scene Theme
2 x Heavy Rain Avatars (Bird and Butterfly)
Still on the fence might wait a little longer.
Old 30th June 2010, 8:14 PM   #44
Orphan

Free LBP seems good but overall PS Plus just seems like a virtual cupon book to get money off stuff you prurchase and doesn't really offer you much you can't get/find out else were. I hope it is good but so far it is nothing amazing to me.
Orphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 7:26 AM   #45
redw0lf

I got the yearly sub, mainly for LBP.
redw0lf is offline   Reply With Quote