OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Geek Food

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 5th August 2010, 9:58 AM   #1
MR CHILLED Thread Starter
D'oh!

Default Coles gift vouchers and entertainment book

For all those Coles shoppers out there, quick question, with the entertainment book as you would know you can get $10 off your groceries at Coles. From reading the entertainment book you have to buy a Coles gift card and you obviously pay $190 for a $200 gift card.

Now the question is, do I have to buy a card at Coles and then present that gift card to them on purchase of groceries, or can I just simply show my entertainment book gold card at the register on checkout to get the $10 off for every $200 spent?
abbott on the NBN: "We're not against using the internet, errr, for all these things, ah but do we really want to invest $50billion dollars of hard earned tax payers money on what is essentially a video entertainment system."
| Co2 is weightless apparently
MR CHILLED is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 5th August 2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Stooge007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR CHILLED View Post
For all those Coles shoppers out there, quick question, with the entertainment book as you would know you can get $10 off your groceries at Coles. From reading the entertainment book you have to buy a Coles gift card and you obviously pay $190 for a $200 gift card.

Now the question is, do I have to buy a card at Coles and then present that gift card to them on purchase of groceries, or can I just simply show my entertainment book gold card at the register on checkout to get the $10 off for every $200 spent?
i believe you have to buy the gift cards
Over 150 successful trades, most recent: Elfanger, peteed1985, alexis, onbail, xsphera, OAG, Duff Man, skiitz, byson, Cestevenson, ShaunDXB, Piroteknik, myf360f1, Thraxeh, austin nguyen, QLDguy1, cooleagles, Temp16, Haillion, nordica-k2, Barra-oz, austin nguyen, MAXKNOTT, LG456, junkie13, Reveng3, sunjet, 2red, jbomb, OnGsTa, k1ll3r, DEMONDOCTOR, dabell, bumthology, Zee, JWM, ricey236, Defyant, Macross, freshwat3r, zzyss, r3s, Henry, Loadingdread, frenzal, Shaker, lonewolf77, raikay
Stooge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 11:13 AM   #3
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooge007 View Post
i believe you have to buy the gift cards
Seems a little silly really, when I'm going to walk in to the counter, buy the gift card, get my groceries and then give them the card back....
abbott on the NBN: "We're not against using the internet, errr, for all these things, ah but do we really want to invest $50billion dollars of hard earned tax payers money on what is essentially a video entertainment system."
Old 5th August 2010, 12:43 PM   #4
omghi

They'd be banking on people being too lazy to do that. Also probably the fact that a huge dollar value in giftcards are never redeemed.
omghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 1:20 PM   #5
Daft_Munt

Quote:
Originally Posted by omghi View Post
They'd be banking on people being too lazy to do that. Also probably the fact that a huge dollar value in giftcards are never redeemed.
Because people forget about them, thats why companies love them.
Daft_Munt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 1:28 PM   #6
Stooge007

Quote:
Originally Posted by omghi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft_Munt View Post
Because people forget about them, thats why companies love them.
this is a big issue in the GST industry
Over 150 successful trades, most recent: Elfanger, peteed1985, alexis, onbail, xsphera, OAG, Duff Man, skiitz, byson, Cestevenson, ShaunDXB, Piroteknik, myf360f1, Thraxeh, austin nguyen, QLDguy1, cooleagles, Temp16, Haillion, nordica-k2, Barra-oz, austin nguyen, MAXKNOTT, LG456, junkie13, Reveng3, sunjet, 2red, jbomb, OnGsTa, k1ll3r, DEMONDOCTOR, dabell, bumthology, Zee, JWM, ricey236, Defyant, Macross, freshwat3r, zzyss, r3s, Henry, Loadingdread, frenzal, Shaker, lonewolf77, raikay
Stooge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 6:49 PM   #7
someguy_007

You have to buy the card from Entertainment Book (not coles directly), and they post it to you.
Old 7th August 2010, 7:22 PM   #8
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy_007 View Post
You have to buy the card from Entertainment Book (not coles directly), and they post it to you.
Thanks.....seems to be the case. I approached Coles staff yesterday and they know nothing at all about it....gee what a surprise.