Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Photography & Video > The Gallery

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 9th August 2010, 12:06 AM   #1
amsm Thread Starter

Default Mud, glorious mud

I haven't posted any pics for a while, as most of my shooting recently has been kids' sports which aren't of interest to most unless they're your kids.

These are a bit more general though. From the end-of-season picnic for the footy.

Boys wil be boys.

Sugared-up boys who haven't seen much mud in their lives, which have basically been spent in drought times, are even worse !

Successful trades: choderboy, peterkov, StuartL, MickybD, amarkin, tangcla, altorus, martynh, chester123, daveaus, goodguy82, Turbo56K, Bonzo_1, ralfmuller, MorgzMods, inm8, strictlybmx, -Rancor-, Kevwann, ply-boi, Sir Bazz,Ma Baker

My Redbubble My Picasaweb When to use than and when to use then

Last edited by amsm; 9th August 2010 at 12:10 AM.
amsm is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 9th August 2010, 12:11 AM   #2
Goobers

3 is great, love the suspended mud.
Goobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Digit

oh god that looks like so much fun haha, being 18 would i still be allowed to have a run ??
Digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 5:09 PM   #4
amsm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit View Post
oh god that looks like so much fun haha, being 18 would i still be allowed to have a run ??
There were a couple of the Dads involved too, so I don't see why not ?
Successful trades: choderboy, peterkov, StuartL, MickybD, amarkin, tangcla, altorus, martynh, chester123, daveaus, goodguy82, Turbo56K, Bonzo_1, ralfmuller, MorgzMods, inm8, strictlybmx, -Rancor-, Kevwann, ply-boi, Sir Bazz,Ma Baker

Old 11th August 2010, 8:46 PM   #5
Opti

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm View Post

Boys wil be boys.

Sugared-up boys who haven't seen much mud in their lives, which have basically been spent in drought times, are even worse !
Its funny you say that. Earlier in the year we were on holiday and drove through a country town who's water restrictions were obviously lax as they have sprinklers on watering their grass. My seven year old daughter see a sprinkler and asks me what's that thing on their grass leaking all that water. After that I realised she'd never seen a sprinkler in her life, or never had the pleasure of playing on the lawn on a hot summers day while the sprinker is going.
Dont expect maturity from OCAU members, they have proven they arent up to the task (especially in the PUB)
Opti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 9:38 AM   #6
BuD

great shots showing kids right in thier element having fun
Old 12th August 2010, 9:46 AM   #7
amsm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opti View Post
Its funny you say that. Earlier in the year we were on holiday and drove through a country town who's water restrictions were obviously lax as they have sprinklers on watering their grass. My seven year old daughter see a sprinkler and asks me what's that thing on their grass leaking all that water. After that I realised she'd never seen a sprinkler in her life, or never had the pleasure of playing on the lawn on a hot summers day while the sprinker is going.
Yeah, it's kinda sad isn't it ? Which is not to say that wasting water is good, but water fights and sprinkler games were heaps of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuD View Post
great shots showing kids right in thier element having fun
They were having a ball, although the shirtless penguin-slide was apparently a bit scratchy

I was actually pleasantly suprised that their parents were allowing them to do it. Too many these days would be horrified at the dirt. I guess if you let your kid play footy, you mustn't be too mud-averse to start with.

Old 12th August 2010, 11:35 AM   #8
ZXR

There were some kids at an oval in Goulburn recently having a splash around in the mud like this and the park rangers came along and told them they couldn't because they were wrecking the green playing surface. The dumb thing was that they weren't actually on the field area, they were next to the changerooms where no-one would actually be walking/playing. Stupid councils and their stupid rules!

I think #3 is the pick for me with the mud splatter frozen mid flight and the look on the kids face. Brilliant!

-ZXR