Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Other Toys/Hobbies

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 3rd September 2010, 3:11 AM   #1
stenchlord Thread Starter

Default The OCAU Figurine Collection Thread

Asked about it in the OCAU Anime Thread but then did a search and couldn't find one so figured I'd start a thread, a place for people to post what figurines they own/ordered and somewhere people who enjoy collecting figurines could post and talk about them and any new ones on the way. Figurines don't have to be just anime/game related, feel free to throw up a post about any figurine you happen to own.

I personally have only started out my collection so it's quite meager but it will slowly start growing

OWNED

Bakemonogatari

Black★Rock Shooter
Good Smile Company: 1/8 Black★Rock Shooter - Black Blade Version

DC Comics
Kotobukiya: 1/7 Batgirl
Kotobukuiya: 1/7 Catwoman
Kotobukiya: 1/7 Huntress

Fate/Stay Night
Good Smile Company: 1/7 Saber Lily - Distant Avalon Version
Good Smile Company: 1/7 Saber - Triumphant Excalibur Version
Good Smile Company: 1/7 Tohsaka Rin - Unlimited Blade Works Version

Guilty Crown
Good Smile Company: 1/8 Yuzuriha Inori

Halo
Kotobukiya: Master Chief - Halo 3 ArtFX

Halo: Combat Evolved
Square Enix: Master Chief - Play Arts Kai

Halo Reach
Square Enix: Emile A239 - Play Arts Kai
Square Enix: Jun A266 - Play Arts Kai
Square Enix: Spartan B312 (Noble Six) - Play Arts Kai
Square Enix: Catherine B320 - Play Arts Kai
Square Enix: Carter A259 - Play Arts Kai
Square Enix: Jorge 052 - Play Arts Kai

Hyakka Ryouran

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

Marvel Comics
Kotobukiya: 1/7 Ms. Marvel

Mass Effect 3
Square Enix: Jane Shepard - Play Arts Kai

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
Kotobukiya: 1/8 Alicia Melchiott

Star Wars
Kotobukiya: 1/7 Boba Fett - ARTFX Bounty Hunter Series

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Kaiyodo: Asahina Mikuru - Waitress Version

Tales of Xillia

Utawarerumono
Kotobukiya: 1/8 Aruruu

Zero no Tsukaima
Kotobukiya: Louise Françoise Le Blanc de la Vallière - Little Devil Version

ON ORDER

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
Kotobukiya: 1/8 Futaya Honda

Star Wars
Kotobukiya: 1/7 Mara Jade - ARTFX

EDIT: Thinking about RyoSaeba posting all his made me chuckle, would take a couple weeks to complete that post.

Last edited by stenchlord; 28th November 2013 at 3:28 AM.
stenchlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 3rd September 2010, 7:10 AM   #2
Elfanger
(Banned or Deleted)

Nice collection!

My friend has started collecting some anime models, primarily from one piece and naruto atm.

I am interested in getting the halo reach ones you have linked, they look very detailed.

Where are you ordering them from?

Thanks.
Elfanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 9:18 AM   #3
gruntLOL

I really want to start a collection but the thing putting me off is no where really good to keep / show them off. I don't want to buy them and then risk having them damaged. I'd love to start off my collection with the Black Rock shooter one too I think it's awesome. Sigh hopefully soon I guess, maybe once I finish off my buster sword project I'll start animefying (it's a word trust me....) my room.
gruntLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 9:40 AM   #4
RyoSaeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenchlord View Post
EDIT: Thinking about RyoSaeba posting all his made me chuckle, would take a couple weeks to complete that post.
More like a couple of months possibly years since they're all in storage right now and I don't really remember which ones I have lol. Won't be coming out until I get my own place which would be a while.

The only thing I have on order right now which is on it's way here as I type this (via SAL) is the Xecty one. That's the last thing I've got ordered. Gotta save money until new house is finished and furnished.
RyoSaeba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfanger View Post
Nice collection!

My friend has started collecting some anime models, primarily from one piece and naruto atm.

I am interested in getting the halo reach ones you have linked, they look very detailed.

Where are you ordering them from?

Thanks.
I've made my orders through AmiAmi, you could also try HLJ. Those are the only two reputable places I know of at the moment, if anyone knows anyone else to buy from feel free to post here lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntLOL View Post
I really want to start a collection but the thing putting me off is no where really good to keep / show them off. I don't want to buy them and then risk having them damaged. I'd love to start off my collection with the Black Rock shooter one too I think it's awesome. Sigh hopefully soon I guess, maybe once I finish off my buster sword project I'll start animefying (it's a word trust me....) my room.
Yeah I was the same. Mine currently sit in boxes until I find something suitable for a reasonable price. There are a couple out there though that might suit your tastes.

Ikea Detolf - http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/70182172
Frameless Upright Glass Showcases - http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au...lass_showcases

The one I like the look of most is this one, the Display Glass Tower Showcase Code: MSC-23 - http://www.metrodisplay.com.au/showcase.asp
I'd really like something in that style but considering the cost, unless I find something cheap, will prolly end up with the Frameless Upright I linked above instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
More like a couple of months possibly years since they're all in storage right now and I don't really remember which ones I have lol. Won't be coming out until I get my own place which would be a while.

The only thing I have on order right now which is on it's way here as I type this (via SAL) is the Xecty one. That's the last thing I've got ordered. Gotta save money until new house is finished and furnished.
Pssh who needs to furnish the new house. Tell the wifey she can make do with the furnishings you already have :P

Old 3rd September 2010, 12:26 PM   #6
RyoSaeba

Quote:
Pssh who needs to furnish the new house. Tell the wifey she can make do with the furnishings you already have :P
No wifey. Already bringing a lot of my current gears to new place. But I do have a lot of plans for the new place. Hopefully one day when I do finish it, it'll be epic!

That frameless upright cab is not bad. Might consider that for the new place. Also to add to the list of shops:

Hobby Search - Very much like HLJ but usually a little cheaper than HLJ. Their order system is not as robust as HLJ though. ie. cancellations are all manual. You have to send emails to do it.
HobbyFan - I believe this is a USA base site. If you are looking for rarer hard to find things like Hobby Japan exclusive etc, this place usually have them, but at a premium.
Play Asia - HK base site. Sell games, anime, figure etc. They're another source for exclusive figurines but again, they are pricey. I only use them for exclusive items

Last edited by RyoSaeba; 3rd September 2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 3rd September 2010, 1:19 PM   #7
DraGoN-BoY

Awesome thread, will use this to post my figurines. Will get a list later this weekend if I have time.
I've only got 2-3 on order at the moment, so for once a small controllable amount
Old 3rd September 2010, 2:52 PM   #8
Asako

MFC is a good way to keep track. I can't really be bothered reposting them when it's all listed there; http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Asako
Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 5:09 PM   #9
RyoSaeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asako View Post
MFC is a good way to keep track. I can't really be bothered reposting them when it's all listed there; http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Asako
I tried that website about 10 minutes ago... this is going to take a VERY long time...
Old 3rd September 2010, 5:23 PM   #10

I can get onto MFC fine. I have my own account but wanted to start an OCAU thread so we can actually talk about the figures as well as boast about the ones we have and discuss other things to do with them like storage etc

e.g. RyoSaeba, where the hell do you put all your boxes? I'm tempted to throw them out but then think, what if I sell a figure to make room for a new one lol. Currently majority of my figures are in their boxes at the moment but once they go in a case, I'm not sure what I should do with the boxes. For things like my Orchid Seed Elf, I'll throw the box out since it's just a bootleg version and I don't really care all too much about resale value on it. The rest though I'm still not sure what to do...

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:41 PM   #11
RyoSaeba

Quote:
I can get onto MFC fine. I have my own account but wanted to start an OCAU thread so we can actually talk about the figures as well as boast about the ones we have and discuss other things to do with them like storage etc

e.g. RyoSaeba, where the hell do you put all your boxes? I'm tempted to throw them out but then think, what if I sell a figure to make room for a new one lol. Currently majority of my figures are in their boxes at the moment but once they go in a case, I'm not sure what I should do with the boxes. For things like my Orchid Seed Elf, I'll throw the box out since it's just a bootleg version and I don't really care all too much about resale value on it. The rest though I'm still not sure what to do...
They stack on each other into a tower that touches the ceiling . In future I might make a storage space in the roof space for it.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:21 PM   #12
DraGoN-BoY

The search system is a bit of a pain, gonna wait till RyoSaeba fills his in since I have what he has

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/MrDerrickC
Old 4th September 2010, 12:03 AM   #13
RyoSaeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGoN-BoY View Post
The search system is a bit of a pain, gonna wait till RyoSaeba fills his in since I have what he has

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/MrDerrickC
Getting crossed eyes doing this....

Edit: Finished... amIdoingthisright??? http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/RyoSaeba

Last edited by RyoSaeba; 4th September 2010 at 1:11 AM.
Old 4th September 2010, 1:53 PM   #14

131 completed figures... jesus dude. Can I have them when you die?

Old 4th September 2010, 3:05 PM   #15
RyoSaeba

Lol I thought I had more Actually there are a couple i think that i've missed or couldn't find on the list. But the vast majority of them are there.