2600K Overclock help

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Lenqt, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Lenqt

Lenqt Member

Gday,

trying to overclock my cpu read as many guides if could find about my motherboard and cpu. I was trying to get 4.5 stable OC at the moment i have it set 4.4 with 1.4w however when i boot the power never reaches 1.41 max at 1.385

I have tryed lowering the volts lower then 1.4 (i think its a tad high for what im getting but i really only going off others results) and i cant got lower the 1.3 or i dont boot/blue/lock screen on bench

my major question is why do my volts drop while playing (h1z1 if it matters)
    Here are my bios settings:
    https://youtu.be/Nu8SChqXXJE

[​IMG]

any help getting me to 4.5 would be appreciated my cpu temp are fine under stress they sit high 60-low 70.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. ginger_nuts

ginger_nuts Member

Will start by saying, that not all chips will be happy or play game at 4.5Ghz.

What motherboard are you using?

It might not be able to deliver 1.4v.

Or have you checked or changed LLC settings?

3. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

What are your power targets (watts/amps) set at in bios? by default they won't really allow very much before the clock or voltage is pulled back.

Otherwise that looks like regular normal vdroop which is normal and safe. If you use turbo and offset/adaptive voltage so your CPU idles properly the idle voltage will be lower and it won't look as crazy.

Static volts and LLC enabled are not for daily drivers IMO.

4. Lenqt

Lenqt Member

5. staffy007

staffy007 Member

You've got a lot of tweeking to do to get a good oc on that board, i had the same set up . I had to manually set cpu volts adaptive gave too much or too little, had long duration power limit at 300 and had to manually set vccsa,vtt,ppl and load line calibration but i had a very good cpu .
    good luck:thumbup:

6. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

1.4v for 4.4 GHz is way too much. mine is doing 1.28v @ 4.4 on a Asus z68 Deluxe. Possibly that chip has degraded or the board isn't up to the job.

7. lazyboy1984

lazyboy1984 Member

4.4 tends to be the ceiling. I'm running the same on a 2500k comfortably but as soon as i try to go over that, more voltage yields negligible gains so for longevity, left it at 4.4 @ a lazy 1.2V which is the lowest voltage i could get away with.

Last edited: May 20, 2017