Acer Predator X34? To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by interlopr, Jun 17, 2017.

1. roamin

roamin Member

yeah i ran without it last night and noticed the difference in escape from tarkov. i think i will be getting g-sync.

now to decide if i want ultrawide or not. its a hard one, so many say no to ultrawide and yet so many say its awesome. might ring around in a couple of weeks and see if any shops have one setup i can try out in a game. ple normally have decent hardware setup in there lobby in melbourne. they may have one for me to test out.

also hard with the x35 on the horizon too. so many choices of monitors now. its as bad as deciding what gpu or cpu that you want.

remember the old days, oh that looks good, it'll do. :upset:

2. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Only problem with the X35 is it's a VA panel and they're known for ghosting. I was going to hold off too but when i realised i jumped on the X34 about 2 months ago and i'm still over the moon with it and so glad i didn't wait :thumbup:

3. roamin

roamin Member

yeah i was reading there a VA panel.

currently i run a TN with my asus pg278q so anything is an upgrade compared to TN

4. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I don't think TN really ghost though so....GO X34! :lol:

5. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

Yeah you do :lol::D

You have pro' needs to be considered too though, many of us don't.

Great call with G-Sync.

Testing UW for yourself is the best thing you can do. Not an option for many of us unfortunately.

If you only play new games then just look into their support, you might be fine. I play lots of older stuff so it's not for me, as much as I'd love it for productivity :(

In quality yes, but you'll potentially have increased input lag / ghosting to balance it against.

X34 is looking like the best bet at the moment.

6. awnm

awnm Member