Adobe Acrobat - Digital Signatures Security

Discussion in 'General Software' started by dogfeeder, Apr 17, 2012.

1. dogfeeder

dogfeeder Member

Hi guys,

The business I am working for is making a push for online fill in forms for simplicity and less paperwork. At the moment they are using word docs with fill in sections that are terrible to deal with and still require you to print them out to sign it.

I have developed a PDF fill in form using Adobe LiveCycle that uses digital signatures. My only worry is how the digital signatures are created. It seems it is fairly easy to create a digital signature for someone else and use it without it being authenticated.

Is there anybody out there that uses this system for their business and knows how to create a trusted list of signature files and only those signatures can be used in the signing of the document? I have done some reading around but have not come up with anything. If there was some way to link it to the windows user accounts that would be fantastic, but I don’t have full access to most of the servers as is being run by external IT company :(.

If anyone has some good resources they could link me that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just found a 400 page PDF doc on Acrobat Security, drudging through it now. link

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. dogfeeder

dogfeeder Member

After some further reading and fiddiling, I have found these Acrobat settings.

Im asuming this is the type of thing that im looking for but im not sure how to use it, or where the windows security certificates are stored :thumbdn:
    [DEL]
    Im also not sure if everyone will need to manually configure these settings.[/DEL]
    Just read that adobe allows you to customize the installer to apply predetermined settings. :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012