ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Gunna

Gunna Member

What Tokens\Alt coins are on your radar at this stage?

I've invested in Powr from PowerLedger.IO, an AU blockchain electricity company that looks interesting an Elixir, a P2P crypto lending platform as well.

Elix has dropped 65% over the last week but it is only 2 - 3 weeks old so is quiet volatile. The app itself looks promising

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

UBiq im holding for the long term

3. DUS x SSJ4 x

DUS x SSJ4 x Member

I invested into Powr too. Which I did more as support for what the company is trying todo than an investment. Even if I never get my money back I can be happy I got behind a vision I believe in.

My main holdings with Alts are.

- Neo.
    - Iota.
    - Tenx.
    - Lisk.
    - OMG.
    - Verg.
    - Nexus.

Blood bath in the charts atm. BTG screwing everything up.

4. Gunna

Gunna Member

POWR seems like an interesting idea and has the potenial to shake htings up. I do like the idea of being able to purchase assets with POWR and you then receive a dividend on the profit from those assets.

BTG has some shady beginnings:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurr...e_is_why_bitcoingold_is_shady_and_a_scam_you/

TL.DR:

• Pre-mined 16000 blocks
    • Unfinished pow implementation
    • Replay protection not implemented
    • Pre-mined 16000 blocks

List of domain registered with same email address used to register Bitcoin Gold domain:
    http://viewdns.info/reversewhois/?q=xiangliao@gmail.com

Just seems shady

5. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

Hey guys, dont know if anyone is keen for a bit of high risk high return crypto action (I'm a sucker for this sorta shit!) but stick some money in Bitconnect.

If you haven't heard about it, it's basically an online Bitcoin 'investment' more than likely a ponzi/MLM of some description but cant say one way or another for certain. It's one of those "if it sounds too good to be true" things....

Anyway, i've been in it for about 4 weeks and getting 1% return on my cash every day...about USD$70 per day for free is pretty good while it lasts. Obviously only invest what you can afford to lose and have a bit of fun with it while you can.

If you wanna join and use my referral, I get 7% of your investment which I will give back to you. So invest $1000 and i'll give you back the $70 i'd get.

https://bitconnect.co/

It's only gotta last another 80 days or so and I get my full ROI back and then it's all profit after that baby!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  6. Gunna

Gunna Member

Sounds shady as, so at $70 per day at 1% you have 7k tied up in it?

7. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

sounds very scammy to me

Most of my alt coins have gone up 20%-30% overnight from where I bought back in. Ubiq is up 35% for me.

8. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

Yep, it's been running for about a year and they claim they have a 'trading bot' which makes about 0-2% per day buying and selling BTC on the exchanges etc. Then they payout their investors a portion of their profit.

It's possible I guess but also more than possible it's a classic Ponzi.

Anyway, i figure I'll get in and stick some coin in there, if it lasts 3 months or so i'm good, if it falls over then i've only lost money that is not gonna break the bank.

There's YouTubers pumping in thousands of dollars per day into this thing so I figure with all that money going in there's months and months before anything bad starts to happen. And BCC now has a market cap of over $1 Billion so the owners could prop it up for ages if they want to

Anyway, read into it what you will.

As for alt's at the moment, my advice is buy up DASH and ETH. At around 0.06BTC they are a bargain and will back in the 0.07-0.08 range after this Bitcoin Gold fork happens.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  9. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

Hey so I sent some BTC to Poloniex today from my CoinJar account and the transaction doesn't show up on the blockchain at all? Definitely no deposit in Poloniex and my coinjar account definitely shows the payment has been sent to the correct address.

When I search blockchain.info the transaction doesn't appear at all but my money is gone. I've been on coinjar for a couple of years and never had this happen before.

Any ideas? I've logged a support ticket with Coinjar but they not back til Monday now.

10. douver

douver Member

11. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

12. slavewone

slavewone Member

I've heard that coinjar are often mean with the transaction fee, so it can sit in limbo. What you need to do is grab the Tx and submit it to some Tx accelerators.

13. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Anyone else doing curecoin? Im a folder and going to be folding anyway. I dont think its profitable even with my free power during daylight. But it makes it much cheaper to do the science.

I convert my cure to bitcoins once a week. Cure seams to bounce around 20-25 us cents.

14. SoreGums

SoreGums Member

SkyCoin https://www.skycoin.net

Is interesting, they've been at it for a while, actually working on a long term project instead of a pump and dump ICO.

It takes a little while to get up to speed on what is technically going on, cutting through the fluff.

Fact is the Bitcoin & Ethereum blockchains are power hungry beasts and figuring out an alternative while still ensuring the trustless parts is a win. Plus the whole many nodes makes light work and is useful angle is ideal.

Other one I'm keeping an eye on is Tezos, Ethereum like with tweaks.