Arcade Control panel parts

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Jeffo, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

Hey everyone,

I've spent the last couple of days building my mini arcade machine. It looks good and when it is done i'll be sure to put up some pictures.

I'm looking to get some of the buttons and controllers and I want to get the Joystick and Button bundle from Arcadebits however it is sold out and I can't get all the colours I am after. I'm also trying to get my hands on some PCB feet but they are also sold out.

Does anyone know where else I can get them for a similar price?

2. goldpenis

goldpenis Member

Try ebay mate!

3. joshpond

joshpond Member

ebay has pcb feet

look for the seller vadership, never tried before but

otherwise try

www.ozstick.com.au

Got some stuff from them and was pretty happy with it.

Josh

4. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

I've got most of the arcade bits J+B bundle basically unused and a few green buttons, i can list exactly what i have this arvo if you like. (btw the keyboard/joystick converter he has is great :thumbup: )

5. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

yeah that would be great, I am after the longer ball joysticks with a red top and 6 blue and 6 red player buttons, 2 black admin buttons and the player 1 and 2 buttons.

Also did you mean the arcade bits encoder is good or the ebay one?

6. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

http://www.arcadebits.com.au/wiring/50-encoder-mame-pc-ps3-etc.html is the one I meant, no issues.

7. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

yeah that is the one I was planning on getting and it comes with all the clips to make setting up easy.

Did you have a list of the items you had or is your stuff different to what I'm looking for?

8. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

Sorry, ran out of time of yesterday to check.

I have the full bundle minus the 1P button, 10 extra microswitches, 2 extra white buttons, 3 extra green buttons, and a light-able power button.

(I ended up buying an old x-arcade 1player controler stupid cheap, ripped the serial interface boards out and replaced with the usb joystick controller :) )

9. sugaris

sugaris Member

+1 for ozstick.com.au they are awesome people too and will help you out if you get stuck on anything.

10. speedyaus

speedyaus Member

Hey
    +1 on Ozstick.com.au
    just finished building a bartop machine.
    Chris is great to deal with and overnight shipping is great

11. hathro

hathro Member

12. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

I placed the order with vadership, gave me a couple of dollars off by getting a couple of items along with the 2 player pack. I also ordered the arcadebits USB encoder.

I've finished building the cabinet, just working out positions for the buttons and joysticks, I can't wait till it is up and running.

The painting is going to take a while but I think it will be good once I get it right. I'm thinking black with purple pin striping in a Tron like effect.

13. speedyaus

speedyaus Member

Hey if you need a button template if have one that works great

14. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

My control panel is only 150mm x 500mm and with 2 players it is a little tight but it will mainly be used by a single player most of the time.

I was following a similar approach to slagcoin.com layouts but I found the best way was to just take the nut of the button and get them as close to each other as possible and leave a 1mm gap in between.

If you could post up an image of yours that would be great.

15. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

Just a couple of pictures I have taken from what I have done so far.

Plans on 4 x A3 sheets of paper

Click to view full size!

Back view showing monitor mount

Click to view full size!

My workbench where i'm currently trying to work out the position for the control panels

Click to view full size!

Since the images i've cut the wings of the side panels so it is inline with the rest of the box.

I'm not sure where to put the player buttons and admin buttons, I'm thinking next to the monitor on either side down low or on the bottom front panel.

16. sugaris

sugaris Member

I see a Lenovo small form factor! we had those for about 3 years and have since replaced them. Just make sure the none of the caps are leaking on the main board. :thumbup:

17. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

I picked it up for free from a friend. It doesn't boot up but i'm using it for sizing and I was able to get the harddrive out of it and that works.

I'm hopefully getting a working one from a sale on here or if not I'm going to get all new parts.

18. joshpond

joshpond Member

We have about 5 of those at work just over 5 years old now, been in use daily and still going. One has come out that I'm planning on using for my arcade build.

Josh

19. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

Ok everyone another quick question.

I've found an image for a Marquee and it is a simple MAME in purple writing.

Just wondering where is the best place to get it printed in Australia, I can only find US places at the moment

20. sugaris

sugaris Member

I would honestly just take it to any sign writer / printing place... they will print it for bugger all mate.