bykski Water blocks, Opinions?

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Court Jester, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

HI

I ahve been browsing aliexpress and have noticed a buncbh of Byksk GPU and Cpu water blocks that seem to be a copy of the EK blocks

e.g. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XPH...5.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.276.7v9Gt7

and

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BYK...lgo_pvid=e39fd1db-30b3-4d8f-8860-78b467efd379

does anyone have any experience with these blocks as they look ok for the price that they are asking.

I have found one review on a different block ( same manufacturer) and it was quite positive but I would like to hear some first-hand accounts if anyone is actually using them here.

2. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

I think its just another barrow vs bp thing, forgery and cut throat business tactics are rampent in China but that dosnt mean the copy has to be worse then the original. Id put money on it working perfectly

3. elh9

elh9 Member

Yeah the quality of those looks good from the advertising images.
    Be the guinea pig you want to see in the world :p

4. AllezAllez

AllezAllez Member

I think you get what you pay for....There are so many manufacturers that competition is reasonable for water cooling components. So the quality of the Chinese blocks has to be lower than the something like EK or Aquacomputer.

For me....I can't rationalise replacing a GPU or motherboard in case of failure.

Don't get me wrong, I love a bargain as much as the next guy, but when water and electronics are involved it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

5. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

eh not always a BMW is more expensive than a Camry but IF I had to bet on which one would still be running in 20 years time I wouldnt be putting my money on the BMW :)

Most of this equipment comes from China so I am not worried about their ability to manufacture it or the quality, I I was more a question of the performance vs the mainstream blocks but they look like pretty similar copy so I ordered a GPU block + a bunch of new fittings so I will see how it goes.

6. Hater

Hater Member

Maybe, but you're comparing a BMW to a Great Wall here.

7. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

i doubt that the review that there was from a well knows media outlet, said quality was good and performance on that block was good for that model.

I would say its more like comparing a south African built BMW compared to a Aussie built camry :)

and EK at some point was a back water nothing made in a broken down a factory in eastern europe as well

I have nothing against "Chinese" made goods as almost everything I own (and most likely you as well) is made there. I am more concerend about the performance of it as I am sure their CNC machines work just the same as the ones in Slovakia

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  8. Hater

Hater Member

You've already made up your mind, and now you're just looking for confirmation bias.

Buy them and report back, you can speculate on the production process all you want, but none of us know, so try it and report back.

I'd still never buy a Camry.

9. AllezAllez

AllezAllez Member

I would be quite interested to see how you get on with the block you ordered.

Hopefully it works out... I'm sure a whole bunch of folks would be happy to know if they should do the same given the low pricing. There do seem to be very few detailed reviews out there at the moment on Bykski....

For your reference, all the equipment I've used does not come from China;
    - EKWB: Slovenia
    - Heatkiller: Gemany
    - Aquacomputer: Germany
    - Bitspower: Taiwan (I think.... I've never contacted them to ask!)

All of the above companies do design AND manufacturing which is a key criteria for high quality production. I suppose, this is partly reason why their prices are higher. The flipside is that when issues crop up, these companies are quite good at changing practices to rectify the problem.

The more you know.... :thumbup:

10. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Can you please let us know how performance goes, as I can not seem to find a GPU. Lock for a 280x

11. leithals

leithals Member

Looks ok to me, searched for the Gigabyte 1080 block and it was US$100 so not exactly cheaper. Chinese made is not necessarily rubbish, although I'm sure there is still some out there. Can't really go wrong with a waterblock, as long as it has seals on it :). Sure the performance may not be there, but at worst you'll be a few degrees higher. If you like the look, then go for it.

12. MetalPhreak

MetalPhreak Member

[​IMG]

$25 bykski blocks on a dual 8-core xeon board. Works just fine. Just don't expect amazing performance if you're overclocking. The microchannels aren't as dense as the more expensive blocks.

Edit: the ones I have are just the plexi cover versions of the cpu block you linked.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  13. Flat-6

Flat-6 Member

Sweet - Looks good with the red/blue lighting....:thumbup:

14. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

well I have had my bykski block for a few weeks now.

Whilst I am happy with the overall fit and finish of the block and the overall performance there was one small issue.

there was one screw hole for the water block at the back end of the card that did not line up so I could not get a screw into it. It does not affect the performance of the block but it is a QA issue that you probably wouldn't get on a EK block. But for the price difference and as I said there is no actually performance impact it is something I can over look

Mining with 100% gpu load my temps sit in the high 40s which is great.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  15. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Thanks I will have to get one I'll talk to the Warden(wife).

16. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Now to find one for that second fucker and you're all over it!

That's a nice loop by the way mate, I like the contrast. Plumbing is tidy :thumbup:

17. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

thanks

I didn't want to risk buying a 2nd block until I had tested one + I was unsure whether I was even going to keep the 2nd card. so I only got 1 to begin with.

putting a cheap Chinese block ( with some minor issues as it was) on a $1200 video card made me nervous enough let alone doing 2 x at once :)

overall I am happy with the gear, as all new fittings are from the same supplier + tubing and the reservoir.

and have ordered the 2nd block as im sticking with the cards for now.

18. Muddy Funster

Muddy Funster Member

I see they are selling their TR compatible blocks on ali as well now. Chinese first to market :)