Colour Laser Printer print quality issues - Pics Inside - printing streaky pages

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by dan441, Mar 9, 2017.

1. dan441

dan441 Member

Hi All - Hoping someone with a bit more knowledge than me about Laser printers can help out!

I've got a HP 2600n colour laser printer that is leaving substantial streaks on the pages it prints. It's second-hand to me and it's never actually worked properly.

I've cleaned the Transfer Belt as it was covered with toner dust and it printed cleanly for about 1 page, then progressively got worse again with each subsequent print, as the toner dust built up again on the transfer belt.

Any ideas on what it could be and how to fix it?

-
    [​IMG]
    -

2. Supersize

Supersize Member

3. dan441

dan441 Member

Thanks!
    I haven't replaced/refilled any cartridges myself, but it's definately a remanufactured black toner cartridge that's in there at the moment, so I guess it could have been refilled but not have had the waste toner emptied.

Would I be right in thinking that since the streaks are black, then it's the black toner cartridge that is probably the culprit?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  4. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

5. dan441

dan441 Member

Thanks, I had hoped not to have to do everything! I've had a look at the full cost to replace everything and it's probably cheaper to keep my eye out for a second-hand unit on ebay that still has toner in it. By the sounds of it, it's probably worth replacing the black toner unit/roller with a unit that has an empty waste bin, and see if that resolves the problem, and if not, just scrap it for parts.

Yeah, this one is already showing a non-genuine yellow cartridge warning on startup that you have to 'confirm' before you can proceed.