Corsair Vengeance C70 case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by boneburner, May 3, 2012.

1. boneburner

boneburner Member

2. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

Hmm. Don't like the exterior. Do like the interior. Will never quite understand Corsair's "Innovate on every new case whilst letting the high-end cases stand unchanged" strategy.

As it is, I'm not sure why I'd buy one instead of the rather similar 400R, but it'd be nice to see a version without the LAN-party bling - strip that off and it starts to look a lot like an improved version of my old-fashioned Antec 300.

3. Hood

Hood Member

the 800D replacement is in the wings, dont worry, it's coming, whether its any good is another question!

the C70 is just missing the pork chop to hang around its neck. damn thats ugly.

4. bobbavet

bobbavet Member

:):thumbup:

How soon?

Im hoping it's along the line of the 600t in styling.

5. Bertross

Bertross Member

Their internal thermals are shitty. They so need to replace with better fans like silverstone o es. Fans are letting corsair down alot. They also need a bs goood matx case.

6. boneburner

boneburner Member

Was looking for a case for a m8 and came back to see what the pro's thought. About the only thing wrong with it is the non inclusion of the rubber grommets for a water cooling loop and no filter on the side panel (both easily fixed and hardly a deal breaker). I'm impressed with Corsair releasing few but quality products into the market.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Vengeance_C70/1.html

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=942&Itemid=61

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1929/1/

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-Vengeance-C70-Case-Review/1560/1

7. Caffeine Dealer

Caffeine Dealer Member

Corsair cases are great to work in but as Bertross mentioned, their air flow sucks the proverbial anus!
    I managed a 12c decrease in GPU temps in my 600t by changing just 2 fans.

*also looking forward to the new high end Corsair case. Hoping it is not plastic though :thumbdn:

8. boneburner

boneburner Member

I dont think air flow would be a problem here, it has more holes in it than a Syrian protestor.

9. AudioFX

AudioFX Member

What did you do to your 600t?

10. kandrews

kandrews Member

Corsair Cases........Very Yumcha.

Love that.......I also have a 600T and after replacing all the fans it's now tolerable with temps.

Corsair is real stingy with quality these days using very thin sheet steel for their cases.

And they are starting to look like Thermaltake Cases.....Gasp.....Horror......NNNNoooooooo.

11. Caffeine Dealer

Caffeine Dealer Member

Changed the top fan for 2 x 120mm Nexus fans and removed the top hard drive cage from the front..... thats it.

And lets not talk about the factory fitted fan (semi-)controller :eek:

12. AudioFX

AudioFX Member

Ah alright, I'm most likely getting a 650d. I was impressed with my mates 600T, besides the whining front fan, and I love the look of the 650D :thumbup:

Corsair needs to bundle their cases with their new fans

13. Caffeine Dealer

Caffeine Dealer Member

Yeah, those new Corsair fans are the nice and actually perform as rated!

I think Corsair have let their RAM game down a bit lately. I used to solely buy Corsair RAM until they released the Vengeance range. They have been nothing but crap for me :thumbdn:
    Add to this, the fact that any RMA's need to be sent to the US and they are kinda sucking right now.

14. boneburner

boneburner Member