Dishonored 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by kreegor, Mar 4, 2014.

1. kreegor

kreegor Member

2. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Oh yes please. :)

3. bennyling

bennyling Member

^ What he said. Looking forward to this one — Thief is OK, but not a patch on Dishonored.

4. Sankari

Sankari Member

Proper climbing and combat mechanics, please.

5. MyElbowFellOff

MyElbowFellOff Member

Those press sneak fucks are at it again. :p

Zenimax mentioned shortly after the release of Dishonored that they wanted to build on it as a franchise, so if this is fake it is only a matter of time before Dishonored 2 anyway.

6. kreegor

kreegor Member

The first game didn't really have climbing anyway. I agree about the combat. It was weak.

I would like to see a non lethal drop attack.

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

even though i haven't finished the first game i think this looks promising.

8. DisaFear

DisaFear Member

Aww yess, there go my uni results again!

9. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

The first game had all the climbing anyone could want. But I am certain most people never even tried hard enough to get into it. Just because it didn't have third party cinematic climbing scripts like Assassin's Creed doesn't mean it didn't have a decent climbing mechanic.

And even more than the original Thief, the limited range of combat suited the game very well; it's a stealth game with combat as an option. It's not a combat game like Assassin's Creed. Once I finish Brigmore Witches I'll be doing a combat run through Dishonored, and I expect it will be very enjoyable; certainly more interesting than combat in Assassin's Creed.

Same. I would like to see a blackjack.

10. bennyling

bennyling Member

Yeah, a kill-everything run is super good fun.

Killing people with the
    skill that makes their bodies disappear
    gives you some space to run amok :)

11. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

This week has been my first play with Dishonored so I have some gripes that are fresh in my mind (mainly comparing them to SplinterCell).

Yep, drop attacks.

Being able to grab someone and smother them but walk them away from the scene before knocking them out ( it almost does this already, but you can only walky literally a meter back before they're knocked out).

Tapping on walls to cause a distraction.

A marker system of some sort to highlight who will agro you on sight, or just push you back. I started the game thinking EVERYONE was an enemy, only to find out some of the thugs just want you to keep a distance.

Rope darts :leet:

12. lithos

lithos Member

Things they need to add/change:

13. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

You mean like this?

:thumbup:

14. dexster

dexster Member

definitely looking forward to this... i just want more of the same

if anything just have sweetfx integrated with a couple different settings :eek:

15. kreegor

kreegor Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  16. MyElbowFellOff

MyElbowFellOff Member

17. DisaFear

DisaFear Member

2016? What! That's eons away!

18. Partha

Partha Member

Not sure why people are so excited about it. I played though the entire game and didn't find anything spectacular about it. When I play a great game, and I primarily play single player campaign games, I feel sad when the game ends. With this one, when it finished , I felt relieved that the game is over, there was no feeling of sadness. The story was nothing spectacular, and neither are graphics and the concept of using supernatural powers with one hand and weapon on the other is noting new - in fact one of my personal all time great games - Clive Barker's Undying did it all the way back in 2001. Later I saw similar concept getting applied in the great Bioshock series of games and Wolfenstein (2009). Honestly I don''t give a rats arse about graphics, but story in a single player campaign is king for me. And in Dishonored the story is nothing to write about, friends turning foes is not a great twist, saw that in FarCry, Bioshock etc. And how from nowhere Outsider popped in and gave the main character supernatural powers, I didnt understand. Infact who is Outsider I still didnt get at the end of the game. May be Arkane Studios wanted to make him like G Man in the Half Life Series. In the end I saw a game which borrowed concepts from other games - combination of magic and weapon from Undying/Bioshock etc, friends turning foes from FarCry/Bioshock and a G Man like charecter in Outsider. However with concepts form all these great games, the story it dished out is quite bland.

May be some one who throughly enjoyed the game can give me insight on what I missed with Dishonored 1 so that I can get really excited about Dishonored 2 ?

19. kreegor

kreegor Member

If you didn't like the first one I doubt you'd like the second one.

20. Sankari

Sankari Member

Seriously man, the graphics in Dishonoured were out of this world. I can't think of the last game I saw that looked so good. It's on a completely different level to most fps titles.

For me the real problems lay with gameplay and plot.