Dust 514 thread? v.PCplayerstakingover

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by droopz, Apr 26, 2012.

1. droopz

droopz Member

Just wanted to come here to see if any Aussies got into the closed beta and couldn't search down a thread.

I'm so incredibly pumped for this game and what it will do for persistant universe FPS I thought I'd make a thread. :)

http://www.dust514.com

Gameplay from Fanfest this year demoing a bit of the direct interaction with EvE Online. :leet: (Skip to 12:50 for the EvE bit.)

2. Combatants

Combatants Member

I missed out on the beta myself completely bummed, this game is going to be sweet... except for the fact its PS3 only... will prob buy a ps3 just for this game however...

3. droopz

droopz Member

Like most EvE Online players, I am your typical anti-console, expensive hardware PC playing elitist prick.

I, like many lamented and bitched about Dust514 being a PS3 exclusive title, but CCP did a pretty good job at expaining the reasoning at fanfest in their keynote.

(Long but worth watching if your interested in a bunch of the details...)

Anyway, the big turn off for a lot of us PC users is the thought of playing a FPS on a damn controller. With the confirmation from the devs that Dust514 will support standard USB mouse and KB out of the box, hopefully a number of the die hard EvE players will make the move over.

Compared to PC hardware a PS3 is cheap, so I bought one earlier this week in anticipation of the beta openeing up to select EvE subscribers in a few weeks. :leet:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  4. droopz

droopz Member

lol same excpet I already bought my PS3 on Monday.

5. emblurr

emblurr Member

Will we get hate emails from some elitist Eve player if the battle doesn't go exactly according to them?

6. Combatants

Combatants Member

I was wondering if you would be able to do that (hook up a kb and mouse)
    if so then the small cost of the PS3 is worth it for this game... i hope... but i wont be rushing out till i get my copy of DUST first

7. droopz

droopz Member

I hope so. If your fighting for an EvE player or corp then the other team most likely will be as well.

I guess if they're really pissed at you they'll just bombard you from orbit until you run out of clones lol.

Other key points of interest;

- Its free to play.
    - Betting on the outcome of matches will be supported in EvE
    - Maps are dynamicly generated depending on the planet, terrain, region etc....
    - There are planetary defences capable of destroying EvE players that are in orbit.
    - Crafting and industry will be implimented once the market is settled and the core FPS is tweaked suffiently.
    - Coop swarm mode against rogue drones will be one of the 'single player' typre modes.
    - Hisec (High Security) planets are 'easy' drop in and fight type battles that are contracted by NPC corps. Losec and Nulsec are high stakes contracts put out by eve players. Often no rules apply, so if one team fields 10 players and the other fields 1, too bad. The team where only 1 showed up is going to lose that territory.

8. Combatants

Combatants Member

I wouldn't expect to see the eve-dust crossover for at least 12 months of dust being open to public. But when it does i can imagine the 13yr olds screaming in highsec as they are ganked from orbit by some bored eve pilot.... oh i will be waiting young carebears await your destruction! ;p

9. droopz

droopz Member

I think it will mesh faster than that. Once beta opens up to the EvE community and they see that its another way to make good ISK, they'll head over and the markets will start merging.

It's all about the ISK. :thumbup:

10. MrBS

MrBS Member

I'm in the ANZ PS3 beta group so I get all the betas :D

NDA prevents any more talk about Dust I'm afraid ;)

11. droopz

droopz Member

Thats cool. I just wanted to make sure Aussies were being represent in the first beta thats all.

Us high-pingers have to stick together. :thumbup:

12. droopz

droopz Member

Fan Fest closed beta key redemption page just went online. :thumbup:

13. Grideris

Grideris New Member

It did indeed. I've already got mine in. Now is just the long wait for CCP to send me back my PSN key so I can start playing!

14. droopz

droopz Member

So jelly :upset:

Did you go to Fanfest or did one of the attendees gift you a key?

15. Grideris

Grideris New Member

16. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

how does this play? sounds interesting but i worry at the lack of shooter experience from the dev.

17. Grideris

Grideris New Member

Played alright at Fanfest. Don't worry about the lack of shooter experience for CCP as a whole, they've brought on board a whole bunch of guys from other studios who have done FPS games (such as DICE)

18. droopz

droopz Member

19. Rusty

Rusty Member

heh thanks, fingers crossed now :)

20. droopz

droopz Member

More keys are out. Finally got in :thumbup: