EVGA Readies X58 FTW3 Motherboard

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, May 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

EVGA is readying a new high-end socket LGA1366 motherboard building on its FTW (for the win) moniker, the X58 FTW3, carrying the EVGA SKU code of 132-GT-E768-KR. The new motherboard was spotted on the North American online retailer NCIX.com, where it was listed for US $342.39 and CA $319.99, before EVGA even launched the product or gave it a product page on the company website.

The 132-GT-E768-KR is a standard ATX motherboard. The CPU is powered by an 8-phase standard VRM, it is wired to six DDR3 slots for triple-channel memory support. The X58 IOU is cooled by a larger than usual heatsink, which slants towards the socket to give clearance to large CPU coolers. The X58 and ICH10R stick to the specifications, with no additional bridge chip. Expansion slots include three PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (x16, x8, x8 when all three are populated, x16, x16, NC when the first two are), supporting 3-way SLI, 2-way SLI, and ATI CrossFireX. Connectivity includes two SATA 6 Gb/s and six 3 Gb/s ports, two gigabit Ethernet controllers, 8 channel audio, two USB 3.0 and 8 USB 2.0 ports, and support for the EVBot OC module. EVGA should officially introduce this board soon.

http://techpowerup.com/122977/EVGA_Readies_X58_FTW3_Motherboard.html

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. -Cypher-

-Cypher- (Banned or Deleted)

Replacement for the EVGA X58 SLI I'm guessing? Looks nice, I like the colour scheme and the NB cooler design, but I'm not sure there is a huge market for such a product when companies like Asus and Gigabyte offer such decent, cheap, feature rich boards.

Tis good to see a Sata 6GB/s board from EVGA though, will be interesting to see whether they have a Classy equivalent to follow....

3. Ka0sX

Ka0sX (Banned or Deleted)

Nice find DM

Looks like it might be an upgraded version of the X58 FTW

4. fatguy1992

fatguy1992 Member

Looks good, so i'm guessing it won't out clock a classified?

5. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

Looks like the LE, so like it.

6. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

look slike keeping up with the times for evga which is a good move.

i only wish we woul d lose some stuff like firewire etc and repalce it with MORE network ports :)

7. MrSmoke

MrSmoke Member

doesnt sound to "FTW" to me...needs more cool features :p

8. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

as stated before... looks like a le/sli replacement...

might have to put my x58a-ud3r up for sale soon i think :D

9. BlackSniper87

BlackSniper87 Member

Anyone have any idea whether a thermalright venomous x will fit on this board without interfering with the ram slots or other heatsinks?