Fish Swap/Giveaway Thread

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by tagrobert, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Oosh

Oosh Member

Juveniles, but I'm only interested in swapping not selling them (sorry), and there's a link to their attributes in my previous post.

2. Oosh

Oosh Member

Added more large Haps to my wish list, I don't really expect to find them here, but you never do know. :)

3. Demonic2005

Demonic2005 Member

3" Blue Gourami for trade either Pleco, or feeder fish for my oscar

Willing to give him away aswell the Oscar has decided he is nto keen on sharing

4. tgf

tgf Member

I'll take the Gourami if you're willing to send interstate.

5. Demonic2005

Demonic2005 Member

I wouldn't know how to send it interstate and i don't think it would be healthy for the fish although i know my oscar is not healthy for him either

6. Oosh

Oosh Member

You really can't send interstate unless you have access to pure oxygen, package them in polystyrene crate, and send via an overnight courier.

You may find a helpful LFS will assist with the first and second, but the third is likely to not make it worthwhile for an individual sending a single fish.

7. Demonic2005

Demonic2005 Member

Yeah ahh well more than happy for someone in Sydney to take this guy of my hands

Also have 12 babie Baloon Mollies in my 2nd tank abotu 1 month old and growing fast shouldnt be too long before they are big enough

I don't have the heart to feed them to my Oscar, so im buying another tank maybe to make a breeder setup specially for him

8. Oosh

Oosh Member

You do realise, ethical questions aside, it's not "necessary" to live feed your Oscar.

9. Demonic2005

Demonic2005 Member

Oosh i understand however would it not be a fair statement that aquariums are mini eco systems and as such we are trying to recreate a natural environment and in such an environment he would get alot of excercise from hunting

I think a healthy balance would be pellets and live food

I tend to try and feed him 1-2 times a day (they tell me 3-5 is better) so i leave a school of barbs in there and i figure if he is genuinely hungry he can hunt

10. dragon_keepa

dragon_keepa Member

I will take the fish Demonic :)

11. Urban_Jungle

Urban_Jungle Member

Hell 3 -4 times a WEEK is more normal :).

12. Demonic2005

Demonic2005 Member

For an Oscar? Are yo usure i cant find anything saying to feed him that few times everything says he'll eat till he dies but even still they have a very fast metabolism

13. Vassili

Vassili Member

Anyone in bris interested in a couple of big plecos? One is ~40cm, one about 30cm. Will swap for plants :D

14. japes

japes Member

You could feed him once a week and he'll be fine. Once a day is good, it's what my more grown up tank is on at the moment.

15. Demonic2005

Demonic2005 Member

japes im thinking i might punish him not with lack of food i filled him up added some neons to distract him whilst i added 2 bristlenoses

They managed to get in un noticed and all was fine until a neon swam too close to the small bristlenose and the oscar decided to go in hard he ended up getting a mouthful of pebble no neon just my bristlenose

so i still atleast have 1 bristlenose, and 2 albino catfish once they are in they are fine he doesnt care much about the bottom fish i think i was unlucky

16. Oosh

Oosh Member

17. lostdude

lostdude Member

Hi guys, my Red Forest Jewel Cichlids hatched alot of fry's and i need to get rid of them as they're getting to big for my tank, they range from 1.5 to over 3 cm, and i'm after a $1 each.

i have about 80 left and most are over 2cm now.

located near campbelltown (2566), i can deliver for free if you buy over 10 and live close by (within 5 minute drive).

thanks.

18. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

Bump, desperately need to get rid of my fish. I'm located in Avalon and I really want someone to pickup - I don't want to drive anywhere or do anything like that.

Take them for free - I just want them gone!

19. Crusher

Crusher Member

Hiya

I will take them unless anyone else wants them desperately. I have traded with you before as well, I bought the panasonic LCD earlier this year.

Lemme know if its OK and we can arrange a time... just need to give me a few days to get the second tank up and running so I can run as quarantine.

Dave

20. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

Hey mate,

Yep you can take them. The only other people who have contacted me about them all want meet up on north shore (30 min drive from me), rather than pick up. :(

So long as you can pick up - you take preference and they'll be yours. :thumbup: Re: quarantine, that's fine. :)

Come grab them after Jan 1st at any time you want, will PM you my number and address so you can arrange a time that suits you. You'll need your own buckets/bags/etc to transport them back. :thumbup: