FPS Issues - PUBG

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by Blackrayne, May 17, 2017.

1. Blackrayne

Blackrayne Member

So i recently upgraded my pc

specs

Gigabyte z270A - Gaming 5
    Intel 7700k
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    G.skill TridentZ - 16GB 3000hz
    Samsung 960 Evo
    CPU Cooler - h80i

Monitor :
    Acer Predator XB241H

Issues creating decent frames when running any Hertz, 60-85

I want to use the screen to it's most benefit, but from what i gather this game is very CPU dependent, i was thinking about OC'ing my CPU a little higher to possibly a stable 4.7, i have OC'd before with my AMD-6100 however it seemed a little more forgiving :p i got it up to 4.5GHZ stable (i know)

If anyone could suggest some good ideas or even possibly help me with a basic clock that isn't going to impact negatively as far as FPS goes.

2. tree86ers

tree86ers Member

i would not bother trying to "optimize" for this game right now since it is beta and things can change.
    I get the same sort of FPS with 2 x 1080's on a 6800K. until they finish the build and start optimizing the game after release there is not much point.

3. RacinBacon

RacinBacon New Member

PUBG is very poorly optimized for even the best of computers. There is no need to do anything to your set up, as it goes above and beyond the requirements for PUBG. If you are experiencing lag, it is most likely one of the servers (I play it on my current machine, and I know there is one server that makes me and my friends lag out). Have you gone through the PUBG faq's on FPS issues?

4. Reins

Reins Member

Are you running a lot of background applications simultaneously? PUBG does use a lot of RAM (mine uses 12GB+) so that MAY be a cause of issue for you. :thumbup:

5. Beaistheman

Beaistheman Member

As above, game is terribly optimized. I just set everything to low except draw distance at ultra, keep native resolution and I found that anti-aliasing has little effect for my computer on frames so I put that up.

6. hairy

hairy Member

my rig runs 50-60 fps don't think it uses sli at all, one card idle.
    my net sucks donkey balls though 200k down.
    turning down details and aa does nothing so I run at max.

7. FOTW

FOTW Member