Google Nexus 4 Phone - 4.7" Inch, 1280x768 320ppi, S4 Pro, 8MP, HSPA+, 8/16GB..

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Danske, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

AU Play Store 8GB = $349AU + Shipping $20 https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_8gb
    AU Play Store 16GB = $399AU + Shipping $20 https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

(It takes a micro-sim)

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-nexus-4-official-126715/
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/smartphones/1295593/google-nexus-4-smartphone-officially-announced

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CRACKED YOUR SCREEN? Check out this post:

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. mr626

mr626 Member

This *might* be my next phone. Still very happy with my Galaxy S2 for the moment though.

Hopefully they will consider including a microSD slot this time.

3. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

Yeah I don't understand why none of the Nexus model phones had expandable storage... Mine's filled to the rim with FLAC music. NEED MOAR SPACE.

Also, just noticed the Optimus G is HD IPS scren, not AMOLED. I really dig the AMOLED screen on the Gnexus.

4. 2SHY

2SHY Member

To push users into the could, obviously.

AMOLED is not as good as IPS or SLCD. Better colour reproduction.

Was very close in making a LG Optimus G2x my next phone. Lack of ROM support is of concern. Still though, very happy with my HTC One X L.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

looks/sounds nice enough to me.

as for amoled vs ips, i love both. the amoled screen on my s3 looks brilliant and has awesome contrast, and the super ips+ on my transformer is super crisp and has great viewing angles.

6. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

I think there's a word missing but I'm not sure what it is!

7. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

think he meant cloud, not could

8. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

Oh. That doesn't really help us in aus with shitty data caps/speeds :(.

Although, I'm hoping this next Nexus will be Australia LTE compatible.

9. bueller

bueller Member

Tell me about it, I was really hoping for a Nexus with a 4" screen but it doesn't look like that'll happen. Will probably be looking at getting a Galaxy Mini if the price is right now.

10. Oppressa

Oppressa Member

11. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

Back looks cool.

I'm just sick of the phones getting bigger, my hands are small and I can't use my 4.6'' screen as it is with one hand.

They should make 4'' nexus again. That was perfect.

What's with that article showing a picture of a galaxy nexus and iphone? Relevance? None.

12. Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Reviewer/leaking person showing it's size/screen in comparison to a phone most people know I imagine.

13. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

He's comparing the size of a galaxy nexus and iphone. The leaked article is about the LG nexus :confused:.

Edit: Wait, is that the LG Optimus Nexus?? Looks exactly like the Galaxy nexus if so :lol:.

14. Oppressa

Oppressa Member

LOL as far as I know that's the LG phone... the Samsung didn't have the chrome band around it did it?

15. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

You're right, it is the LG phone. Far out I couldn't even tell until I noticed the chrome band.

16. Carey

Carey Member

Are you sure it's a chrome band? The top is shiny, looks like flash reflection. The bottom is black, as are the sides in the top photo. I don't think there's any chrome (I certainly hope not). The GNex doesn't have one either - it's just grey.

The possible way of telling is that the button area of the screen is washed out a little, ala IPS. On the GNex's AMOLED screen the background is completely black - barely distinguishable from the case/frame.

Also.... headphone jack back at the top? not a deal breaker but pfffff.....

17. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

A lot of people don't though. IPS is more accurate colours. AMOLED tends to have poor whites, and colours are a bit too 'cartoony' To some this makes them bright and vibrant and the perfect blacks more than make up for poorer whites. I appreciate the benefits of both screens.

Also LG aren't likely to hire their korean rival to make them screens so its going to have to be LCD.

The Optimus G has a quad core Krait CPU which should be a monster. I assume their Nexus based on the G will use the same chip.

I really like that back cover. Can understand why some would hate it.

I hope it does use that Galaxy Nexus like styling, rather than styled off the Optimus G. The G is a bit plain and iPhoney. The Nexus style is amazing. The early rumours when the optimus G was revealed did say it would have more rounded corners like the Nexus, so that leaked picture does seem to demonstrate this.

Do hope there is more storage than 8gb. The Galaxy Nexus had 16 didn't it? It would be weird for their new flagship to have less than their previous one.

Keen to see what other Nexus devices are on the way soon, if the rumours are true that Google are opening up the program to all manufacturers, rather than a single selected one. I'm about ready to upgrade mine and I really want a Nexus device this time.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  18. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

19. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Tell me about it, I was so sure my GNexus would hold off until I got my hands on Google Glass, then I heared about the whole Nexus program and multiple makers and well now I want to upgrade!

But seriously, I wish mods would move my Google Glass thread from where ever they ended up moving it, to this section. Glass ftw!:leet:

20. Danske

Danske (Taking a Break)

All I want is a nexus with a good camera, 4'' screen and decent battery.

That's all!