Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Modafroman

Modafroman Member

hey guys, just interested in what dog/s you guys have, and what their names are etc?

i have a 2 year old golden labrador, his name is dougie, or douglas :) my whole family loves him to bits. this is our 2nd labby, our first one was when i was little, and because we moved around abit, we had to give him to our grandparents who killed him :(

but yea, labby's are awesome. they have a great temprement, they are playful, and are very sociable :thumbup:

2. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

3. predder

predder Member

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  4. Mr_X.

Mr_X. Member

5. slipvayne

slipvayne Member

Cain/Kane - nearly 6 year old (human years) jack russell
    [​IMG]

i've got better photos on my digital camera but haven't uploaded them yet

6. BioNiKaL

BioNiKaL Member

whats the address? how many stamps will i need?

:p

i got a little Purebred Malteese Terrior, mild mannered. white and fluffy..
    name: Sienna (pronounced similar to the colour 'cyan') - dont ask its a second hand dog.

7. omen_child

omen_child Member

This is my Rottweiler, Boris:
    [​IMG]

Or was. Now he's a ~75KG behemoth. Still cute tho. :D

8. Strats

Strats Member

9. bucsta

bucsta Member

10. Mad 4 Air

Mad 4 Air Member

This is my fox terrier x heeler. She's from the animal aid. Was past her used by date so to speak but she remained alive due to her temperament.

[​IMG]

She is 15 years old and suffering from arthritis in her front and rear hips. She also had a tumor cut out from above her left eye a while pack which is why the colour pattern goes strange. She's a survivor though :)

11. tizeyboy

tizeyboy Member

12. slipvayne

slipvayne Member

makes me want to get another jack russell but im not sure if my current one will feel happy about having a brother or sad about lack of attention

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I love the malamute! Have a few questions about them as I'm thinking of one myself. Are they expensive to upkeep? Do they shed a lot? Are they happy alone all day? (that's the only reason I don't at present, no one home during the day)

14. Digitone

Digitone Member

My new puppy

Its 6 weeks old.

kelpie x jack Russell

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. MrSmith

MrSmith Member

1 year old pugalier.. She was a runt, and at full size now.. but she's just so darn cute :p

16. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Ergh, is it really necessary to have 3 "Your Pet Pictures" threads going.

To save face I am going to just link mine.

My Dawgs

17. Strats

Strats Member

I was certainly worried when i got Mooshu, didnt know if I would be able to handle such a big dog. But he isn’t that bad. He does constantly molt, so you do have to be prepared to vacuum every 3 or 4 days (if its an indoor dog), but the quantity that he molts isnt that bad. Apart from that, he is very similar to any other dog that i have had. Needs to be played/walked with everyday otherwise they get bored and get into mischief. We leave Mooshu by himself during the day and generally he is ok, but over the past 2 months he started digging holes. At the moment we are trying to get him to stop that.

The only thing with Malamutes are they are a very dominate breed and of course a pack dog. So as a pack dog, they don’t like being away from everyone when you are home. Mooshu is pretty good in this regard, as we kick him out when we go to bed at nights and he’s fine, but if we are up and about he goes a bit berserk if he isn’t allowed to come in. But as they are a breed that is very dominate, (more so then most breeds) they can be hard to train and so forth. Mooshu again was actually pretty good with training, was the easiest dog that I have had to teach basic tricks (sit, shake, stay, lay, roll over, come), and we taught him very easily to not go for his food until he is told to “go”. However when Mooshu is very hungry he acts like another dog, he still waits until instructed to eat, but once he starts if you go near him he gets quite aggressive and would probably bite you if you went near the food. This is from the dominance thing and only happens when he is extremely hungry. We are still struggling to stop him from doing this, and are going to see a professional trainer to stop this behavior as this is pretty unacceptable. All in all he is a great dog. Friendly towards everyone, and gets on with all dogs as well. Hopeless guard dog though :p

If you have any specific questions Chilled just ask. I’m happy to answer them. I hope you get a Malamute as they are a great dog, but maybe go for a smaller then the one we got. Ours is a lot larger then most of the other Malamutes that I have seen, and he is still growing.

18. mxlaser

mxlaser Member

Border Collie - 8 weeks old

This is my new pup, Mia. She's a border collie, only just 8 weeks old and already a smart cookie! :)

[​IMG]

19. resr

resr Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  20. Dr_Shley

Dr_Shley Member