Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. timsarg

timsarg Member

went up to a friends place with mine and another friends two greys . House we were at has three greyhound x borzoi .

i was out of shot on the left trying to eat a footlong :lol::lol::lol:

[​IMG]

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

Me! Me! Me! Me! :lol:

3. scips

scips Member

Oh lawdy :D

Ok, ill try to compete....
    [​IMG]
    Loki (Whippet, 13weeks old, 7.5kg)
    Hugo (Whippet, 2.5years old, 13.2kg)

Loki is super cute, has little sleepy grey eyes at the moment, and moves like a whippet already, really coordinated for such a young little guy. Hugo was a bit ehhhh on him before this photo, after a 4hr drive to melbourne and the puppy wanted to play so much, next day they were good buds.

Took them to a hipster cafe, so had to see if he could pull off the right style.

[​IMG]

Finally got him a collar (have always used a harness as he hated collars as a pup) but the local place had 1 whippet sized martingale collar when I went in last time and he seems to be fine with it (also its the same colour as our company shirts so just another excuse to let him into the office :p )

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  4. broccoli

broccoli Member

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Damn I wish I'd gotten a picture :(.....but talked to the owner of a (I think it was)....a Himalayan Mountain dog.....this things was humongous! he said it weighed 80kgs. It was like a small horse.....with an incredible amount of fur....and all white too.

Absolutely beautiful looking dog, but I was overwhelmed by its shear size.....just unbelievable.

6. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Himalayan Mountain Dog aka Tibetan Mastiff aka Chinese Tiger (reference - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aff-pretend-Tibetan-mastiff-African-lion.html)

7. kooksyau

kooksyau Member

Just my dog Cruiser being all round happy :)

[​IMG]

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah I think that's what it was.....absolute monster of a dog. I've seen great danes and other monster dogs, they tend to be skinny but tall.....this one was monster all around....wide, tall, thick set, etc.

Absolutely majestic looking creature, I fell in love straight away :thumbup:

9. underskore

underskore Member

How did I forget about this thread?!?

Meet Lenny

Click to view full size!

he's got a decent overbite so his schnoz is quite a big longer than the other three mini-dachs in the extended family.

10. broccoli

broccoli Member

He's lovely. why the curly legs?

11. underskore

underskore Member

no matter how many treats we try to coax him with he just doesn't like getting his legs brushed, and curly isn't quite the right word; nearly-matted is:paranoid:
    His long hair picks up all manner of crap from our unruly backyard and I'm forever picking leaves and grass seeds out of him.

Oh, the joys of a long haired dog that lives so close to the ground.

12. broccoli

broccoli Member

I keep my westie clipped short for that reason. She looks nice long and woolly, but clipped is better for maintenance/prickle removal

13. SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

Hmm, we were told to never clip our Cairn Terrier. Stripping only. We did need to trim his ear hair though, that grew differently to the rest of his hair (didn't really seem to follow an annual cycle)

14. broccoli

broccoli Member

Not sure about Cairns, but on westie, you apparently get the wirey fur if you strip, soft fur if you clip. It might matter if you are showing, or live in Scotland, but it makes no difference to us. I wouldn't have the patience to pluck her, the clippers are enough of a pain.

15. SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

That's the double coat doing its thing. We preferred the wiry coat.

16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Gotta love dogs don't ya!?? My boy wide awake staring at the back door to the garage waiting for me to come home last night....

[​IMG]

17. broccoli

broccoli Member

oh, poor baby :( Just like Greyfriars Bobby...

My new dog passed an obedience trial on Sunday and he got promoted to the next level of training. Onwards and upwards, we live for the day when he knows some things. :lol:

18. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Gorgeous :)

Our girl does something similar. She follows my wife like a shadow during the day, and generally hangs around her most the time. But of a night always the same routine, where she sleeps on her dads side of the bedroom, then during night wakes up and goes asleep on wifes side.

Though she's developed a wierd trait of late, where if shes at Petstock she'll jump up on their counter (all 36kgs of her), with front paws.

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I haven't trained mine to not do that unfortunately : (

In hindsight it's one of the first things I would have taught him.

20. salmon

salmon Member

Our newest family member Honey, Red and tan Australian Kelpie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]