Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Friend of mine just got one a couple of months ago and coincidentally called him Red :leet: Funny when they are growing and their legs are out of proportion to their body heh. Hell cute though.

2. f0d

f0d Member

just doing my almost yearly post for my close to 18 year old staffy cross
    here she is looking pretty relaxed :lol:

[​IMG]

3. broccoli

broccoli Member

For those of you who put "clothes" on your dog, when do you know to do it?

Perth is very mild/pretty much warm all year round, it never gets really cold here. All of my dogs before never seemed to get cold, the only time they wore coats was when it was rainy, but my newest dog was shivering the other morning, and I'm thinking I might need to investigate getting him a woolly jumper or coat. The thing is, I wouldn't want him to get too hot. When do you decide they need their "clothes"?

4. Anakist

Anakist Member

I live in Rockhampton and it doesn't really get cold here. However our two dogs are princesses and get fractious when they are cold. I am going to start their coats from tonight since they are being beasts.

James

5. g00nster

g00nster Member

I've got two pugs so

1. When the local Pet Shop etc has a 'best-dressed' comp
    or
    2. When it's poor weather and I don't have enough time to wash/dry them

6. scips

scips Member

Whenever I'd be cold if i was nekkid......

His newest coats to cope with Melbourne, looks super classy trotting around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. broccoli

broccoli Member

But he's not bare, he's still got his fur on. He's just not as woolly as his 'sister'.

Beautiful. Quite the fashion model. :thumbup:

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Too cute :lol:

With a golden retriever I'd never bother with a coat given his already oversized fur coat.

9. SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

Love the goofy happy expression of Wolfhounds :thumbup:

10. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yeah she's so freaking cute. She's very different from my doggy. Kairi isn't a snuggler. She'll cuddle up behind me when i'm in front of the fire or on the couch but she doesn't want to snuggle. She'd rather lay nearby and do her own thing...

Xena on the other hand is REALLY smoochy, she just wants to be close to you and snuggle up close, be cuddled and lick you. We only got her yesterday so she's still not sure about surroundings and she's not too keen on Kairi. She will tolerate K being close but wants her at arms length. Xena will sniff Kairi for a few seconds then start growling at her. I'm sure once she settles down she'll love K. K hasn't growled, barked or snapped at Xena at all but I knew she wouldn't as i've had her in a public place with many dogs and K is always calm and happy to have them around

11. broccoli

broccoli Member

She's working on getting adopted. :lol:

My new dog was really good at first. He waited until his adoption was finalised before revealing his "true colours". :lol:

12. timsarg

timsarg Member

[​IMG]
    broccoli you have a greyhound don't you ?

the rule of thumb with greyhound/whippet/italian greyhounds is if its cold enough for you to be wearing a jumper put one on them . Either a onsie or a coat . i ahve both and put the coat on when we go out and the onsie at night for sleeping

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  13. broccoli

broccoli Member

No, he's just a little mongrel. His coat's quite short. All of my other dogs had/have long/er hair. He's ok at night because he snuggles with me (yes, it's disgusting:lol:), it was just first thing in the morning he was shivering a bit. I'll just have to suss out whether he's cold and when he might want a woollie on, I suppose. I didn't think it was that cold.

EDIT here he is

Click to view full size!

14. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Those coats are amazing. Where do you get them from? are they only for whippet? and are they expensive?

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Few on ebay, just depends on the quality I guess.

16. scips

scips Member

Hugo has really fine hair, even for a whippet, pretty much if hes not running around and its under about 23c, then hes wearing something, hes really easy to put it on tho, just hold it out and he puts his head in the neckhole, then 1x strap and hes suited up.

Clicky/ Gidget gear whippet coats, Holly the lady that does it modified those 2 to suit since hugo has a really skinny chest, so she shortened the strap that goes inbetween his front legs and the one that goes around his chest. $65 a piece, and she has a crazy huge range of fabrics you just pick 2 and then the style (his are reversible, but you can change the strap colour or the neck cover)

I've got 2 of that style as well, leaves the chest exposed, good for putting on dogs that fight putting on a coat, since you just put your hand through the neck hole and grab their nose.

17. timsarg

timsarg Member

just on greyhound whippet coats . there are a few ladies around australia that hand make coats costing around $30 and money from the sales goes straight back into making coats for rescue organisations . a lady in nsw makde some coats and sent them over to perth for our rescue organisation .

Something to think of over buying from ebay . plus they fit perfectly as she requests measurements . if you want contact details pm me

18. timsarg

timsarg Member

love wolf/stag hounds

we have a staghound at our local park and my grey loves running around with him

19. broccoli

broccoli Member

I knew someone who had an Italian Greyhound (are they just whippets by another name?) and he was a shivery shaky little thing. I can imagine he'd have needed woolly jumpers. If you can sew, it's not difficult to make a dog coat.

20. scips

scips Member

Same family, size on them goes Italian Greyhound > Whippet > Greyhound, this pic shows it kinda. (but there can be mini/large of each)
    [​IMG]

Hugo is about 13kg, Iggy at fawkner park that we met was maybe 5-6kg, once you see them side by side you'd instantly wonder how anyone could mistake them.