Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. timsarg

timsarg Member

what do you do when your spot is claimed by it's rightful owner ?

watch tv on the floor :lol::lol::lol:

[​IMG]

2. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Haha I feel your pain. This is my dog claiming my spot like she owns the place

Click to view full size!

good thing my couch is a futon and she's small so there's room for both of us :lol:

3. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

Story of my life. Finish dinner, start washing up (before sitting down on sofa to watch tv), finish washing up, turn around, and there's the pooch taking up 2/3rd of the lounge stretching out as much as possible.

I've even attempted the "I'll just watch tv from your dog bed then", but reverse psychology does not work it seems.

This is doing the rounds on social media for all the greyhound fans out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esb0eT-K_qw

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. broccoli

broccoli Member

At least you're just fighting over the couch. My new dog insists on pinching my spot in bed.... :( (It's either him or my big cat. If I get up, one or other will have installed themself in my spot).

That dog is so cute, he keeps turning for the camera. What a little ham.

5. l3git

l3git Member

6. broccoli

broccoli Member

This is a thread for dogs not for woolly cuddly TEDDY BEARS:lol:

He's adorable.

7. timsarg

timsarg Member

as much as i want to , italian greyhounsd just don't look right . They look like a grouper that's been pulled up from 100m with their eyes popping out of the skull . I draw the line at whippets because they look right :p

8. scips

scips Member

I find iggys its much more either adorable or lanky weird looking chihuahua/xoloitzcuintli hybrid thing.

Havnt met a whippet I dont like yet (well a friends is a bit of a weird one but its more his training methods than the dog)

9. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

COMMUNITY SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
    A reminder to people who keep (some or all) dog toys outside.

If it's a toy with a treat inside or embedded in it, don't make the mistake and leave it outside / forget about it!!

My mistake was the later in leaving a Kong Marathon Ball that our pooch didn't really eat much of, in her outside toy chest.

Whilst she and all of us forgot about it, it seems that the rats did not.

Tore the toy apart, crapped over all her other (throwing/retrieving) toys, and then decided to check out my BBQ and shit all over it whilst in the area.

*sigh* cleanup and disinfecting operation .... not fun.!! :mad:

10. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

I've been having problems with mice, rats myself lately. They dug a hole in the concrete floor in the garage from the outside and end up sneaking in at night in groups eating my dog food while our dog sleeps in the garage.

Then the little fuckers shit and piss all over the tables and bench-tops. They shit all over my variac leaving me with a 2 hr grief cleaning it up yesterday.

So far have caught 4 mice over past 4 nights with a single mouse trap.

Any good ways to catch them in groups? The hole is blocked and they still get in somehow.

Not to mention I've been hearing rustling noises in the walls late at night.

11. broccoli

broccoli Member

If they are in the walls, I'd be getting the exterminator in. They'll place baits. Otherwise, you can buy baits and little plastic containers to put them in. Obviously, you need to be careful that your dog doesn't get to them.

Otherwise, there's this one
    https://www.bunnings.com.au/the-big-cheese-multi-catch-mouse-trap_p3010134

EDIT: also, you need to remove the dog food. If you give them a reason, they will come.

12. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

Metal cans/plastic garbage tubs/bins will help with keeping them out of dog food. Remember they'll only hang around whilst a food source exists.

Apart from that you could try and ultrasonic one from Bunnings.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/the-big-cheese-1-2w-advanced-electronic-pest-repeller_p3010136

We have a similar one that sits in our front yard after a cat was shitting on the law. Worked great and didn't impact our dog.

Failing this it's professional time. They might be black rats in the walls (they are known to crawl up into roof spaces, and if one of them dies in a wall cavity you'll soon know about it as it decays.

Now if only I cold figure out how to get bats out of our two 15-20m trees of a night!

13. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

I've been thinking of building an automated rat/mice catcher using a spare metal box, with the bait inside the box I'll add a servo controlled or mini pneumatic pumps connected to an actuator back to a sensing circuit which trips the door if it senses movement, presence inside the box (aka rat, mice). Once presence, movement detected door automatically shuts very quickly. These pumps are very small and very fast.

Or I can camp out in the garage in the sleeping bag and try catch the fuckers myself. Last thing I want is an mice/rat nest in my house.

14. broccoli

broccoli Member

Or, just use a spring, like a regular mouse trap?

The one I linked to has a "one-way" door, so more than one mouse can enter, they just can't get back out.

15. GRaNTiSB

GRaNTiSB Member

16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  17. broccoli

broccoli Member

That face! You'll have to be strong to resist handing over the treats willy-nilly. He's lovely.

So, I got a couple of new hens and they are staying by themselves for the time being. My stupid dog keeps barking at them. Seriously, what's there to bark at? They're chooks, we've got other chooks and he doesn't bark at them. :wired: So, he's barking away and I go to fetch him to bring him inside and he's not just standing there, he's tunnelled under the run and he's standing outside their little house barking from there. So I don't just have to retrieve dog, I have to find the shovel and cover the ditch up.

Anyone want a used dog? Good with chickens.

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Wow, I challenge anyone not to love a face like that!

19. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

He's very popular. Everyone who sees him are like omg he's so cute can I pat him? He's a cheeky little bugger.

My dog is a good girl, she hasn't been jealous or dominant. She's been really patient and gentle with him (even when he's biting her tail with his needle sharp teeth) but we have to watch them together as Zeus is silly when kairi is around and in turn she gets all silly too and he's far too small to wrestle and she sometimes gets over excited and we have to remind her to tone it down

Those two are going to be great mates when he gets bigger which is good :thumbup:

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

He looks like his cute little fingernails could rough you up in rough and tumble, as well. What sort of dog is he? How old?