Grim Dawn - From Creators of Titan Quest

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Tiberio, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Tiberio

Tiberio Member

http://grimdawn.com/

Grim Dawn is an action role-playing game intended for digital distribution on the PC. It is being developed by veterans of Iron Lore entertainment, the makers of Titan Quest. Grim Dawn is being built with Crate's own improved version of the Iron Lore engine and toolset; the same technology used to create Titan Quest. As a spiritual successor, Grim Dawn will attempt to better perfect the magical formula of exploration, character advancement, and loot collection pioneered by Diablo.

Most Importantly

Where can I buy Grim Dawn and how much will it cost?

We plan to release Grim Dawn on Steam and through other digital distribution sites for about $20. In addition to this, you can also buy the game now from our website and download it directly from us when it releases. By purchasing directly from us now, your money will help fund our development and make Grim Dawn a better game. We may also release a box-copy to be sold in stores at some point but we have not yet worked out all the details.

Screenshots Here

* Combine any of five distinct skill classes each with multiple skill trees in which to specialize. Advance your class mastery up to 75 levels to unlock dozens of powerful skills and synergistic modifiers. New classes will be periodically released through downloadable content.

* Destructible environments give evidence of your massive battles while collapsing stonework and flying shards of furniture can be used tactically to cause further injury to your foes.

* Dynamic Weather brings the world to life with region-specific climates and a variety of weather effects. A sunny day can cloud over with mild rainshowers that builds into a booming thunderstorm. Variable wind gusts blow grass and affect objects like windmills and window shutters.

* Gameplay systems designed to expand for 200 levels of character progression, equipment, and enemies to fight makes for ridiculous amounts of replay value.

* Connect with old friends or make new allies in glorious multiplayer. Specially balanced multiplayer encounters will put your teamwork to the ultimate challenge.

* Collect blueprints that allow you to combine salvaged components into unique crafted items and then, later, use those basic crafted items with higher-tiered recipes to complete items of unprecedented badassness.

* Camera rotation enhances the three-dimensionality of the world and gameplay while levels are still designed so that players are not forced to rotate the camera.

* Refined loot system drops less junk items and ensures more consistent rewards from hero and boss monsters.

* Satisfying enemy damage and death effects with an option to enable blood and gore.

* New quest and conversation system will allow players to choose quest paths and rewards, interact with NPCs in more interesting ways, and an intuitive quest creation wizard will make life a lot easier for modders.

* An NPC faction system lets the player improve their relations with different NPC groups to earn rewards as their favor increases such as merchant discounts, new items, and additional quest lines. However, aiding one faction could turn a rival faction into your enemy. Choose which side you will support!

* The ability to spend money to reclaim skill and attribute points alleviates the fear and frustration of having to make early, uninformed decisions that could permanently nerf a character.

* More features are in the works and will be announced as Grim Dawn nears release.

I for one, loved Titan Quest, and seeing the screenshots of this pre alpha build, I gotta say, I kind of wish diablo 3 was a bit more impressive looking now.

No idea when this is due out yet, still in pre alpha stage.

2. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

For $20 I'm not expecting anything ground breaking, but it seems like another fun D2 clone. Graphics are very nice too, looking forward to this game, if it comes out before Diablo 3 that is :leet:

3. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

This looks awesome. $20, action RPG in the vein of Diablo and looking at those screens what is not to like? Cant wait!

4. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

it probably uses a modified titan quest engine which wouldn't have cost them much to develop since it's already been paid for.

looks alright. Hopefully it's not shit.

5. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

It says in the OP that it uses their same engine so indeed, would have probably been cheap to dev.

Awesome. I loved TQ. I love an action RPG. I'm sick of waiting for Diablo3 and will probably buy up any decent game in the genre. I love a bargain. Raises concerns about how much content there will be if it's only a $20 game, but if I could get anywhere near the amount of gameplay I got out of TQ I'll be a happy camper. Hope it does multiplayer well as coop through the game was what makes a good action RPG for me.

6. Jumpingmanjim

Jumpingmanjim Member

It's too dark, it's looks like what people were expecting D3 to look like.

7. ravag3

ravag3 Member

Loved co-op TQ with the fiancé... so I'm very interested to watch this develop. If they roll on to steam it might get pricier so I might pre-order now.

8. Omniscient

Omniscient Member

lookin good :]

9. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

Looks and sounds pretty freakin good to me, especially if the Titans Quest guys are doing it

10. Jumpingmanjim

Jumpingmanjim Member

Should have made Titan Quest 2. I really liked the Greek Mythological setting.

11. Tiberio

Tiberio Member

well the did say it was a spiritual successor to titan quest, so hopefully it lives up to it.

12. flinchy

flinchy Member

<3333333333333333333 tq

same class system? hell yea!

13. rush

rush Member

I liked TQ.

That said, I wouldn't be giving them any money up front. I recall when they were selling TQ on Steam for $20 - and refusing to allow Australian people to buy it... best price locally was around $70.

Then I think it was Iron Lore who folded, and bitched about piracy being to blame for them not making enough money.... fuckers, I wanted to pay but I wasn't going to be gouged. By the time the price came down to match the international price I paid for and enjoyed the game.

Now they want me to give them money up front, when they already ran their earlier company into the ground? :lol:

When and if they produce another game, and if the price is reasonable and they don't decide to fuck with their Australian customers again, I'll be happy to jump onboard.

14. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Battlemage FTW...

Dual Wield Attack Speed weapons with Fire Buff and Onslaught. Damn near unstoppable.

15. flinchy

flinchy Member

nah, assassin, highest dps class in the game :D

warrior + rogue
    dual wield poison stacking

16. andymate

andymate Member

Crate entertainment has different owners but the same developers from what i have read.

17. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

18. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Member

Sweet, I just got back into Titan quest recently, so by the time I get over it, hopefully this will be out (or almost out).

19. Scroosh

Scroosh Member

Looks pretty good I like how the whole screen moves with big hits and bits of bodies go flying everywhere.

If you buy it off their website can you actually play it? Or is it just a preorder thing?

20. steamlover

steamlover Member