HDD Errors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by silentkilla92, Jul 16, 2017.

1. silentkilla92

silentkilla92 Member

Hi guys I've had my PC built for me about 18 months ago and about 6 months ago I got brand new SSD HD and SATA HDD and reformatted etc.

Everything has been working well up until a couple weeks ago - now my HDD is always pretty loud, even when sitting idle and I've got a couple error messages recently. Please see below.

I have all my important docs backed up... but any tips on what I should do?

I just use my PC for emails, and storing documents and photos and browsing the web... Nothing too strenuous...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My PC has been a bit slow lately too. I've run Microsoft Security Essentials as well as Malwarebytes and no issues found. Also did a Disk Cleanup of both disks.

I'm running Windows 7.

Any help would be great!

Cheers

2. Tenoq

Tenoq Member

Probably should be in troubleshooting forum, but anyway... backup the data on the drive and replace it.

Check the SMART data with something like CrystalDiskInfo or GSmartControl. Based on the Windows logs I'd say it's the larger drive failing, but it makes sense to check.

3. power

power Member

backup data, run a manufacturers disk diagnostic.

4. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Joining the queue - replace the mechanical drive straight away, the noise is usually an indication that it is close to failure with the mechanicals. Complete backup and complete reinstall of windows.

5. FOTW

FOTW Member

Always backup data first then run the demo version of HDTune check the health first for warnings and if you want you can run a sector scan. If you get any warnings or bad sectors replace HDD.

6. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Sounds like the platter head motor is dying inside the mechanical hard drive, this causes irregularities with seek access times to a specific surface area of the platter hence why you're getting some slowdowns and mechanical noises from the drive.

If it is a high pitch whine, do not use your hard deive any further, backup data now and replace the drive or get it RMA'd if it is under warranty.

As mentioned above, mechanical noise from within the hard drive is an indication the drive is failing fast. Backup data now.

7. i7Baby

i7Baby Member

Seagate - check with Seatools. WD has their own.