How to light clothing shoot?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by C.Michael, Apr 17, 2012.

1. vindicator

vindicator Member

I have felt this pain.

Studio strobes with appropriate sized modifiers, a light meter and a cyc goes a hell of a long way towards reducing post.

Studios are relatively cheap to rent when you consider the alternative.

It's why I invested in my Bowens.

I rather like white backdrops when done correctly. See: MR PORTER, Tres Bien Store, ZOZO.jp, SSENSE.

For my friends, my time is always free.

Get them to pay for your media pass to fashion week.

2. C.Michael

C.Michael Iron Photographer

This is where my self 'confidence', or lack there of, falls to the way side. I have no idea what I am worth.

You are fairly close. I offered to do the first shoot for free, and as it will be a continuing thing. They said they wouldn't take no as an answer. As they are friends I said I'd do it for $20/hr. Which is about 4 hours of shooting and 6ish hours of editing.

While I semi agree with the idea of paying me as a photographer, not a graphic editor. It is basically all in one bundle these days?

Dude, when money permits I will be buying some studio strobes. I need to get some soft boxes and stuff though. I was pretty happy with my lighting set up / results today actually.

I will check out those white back drop examples, to see how they make it look...non cut + paste...

I offered my time for free but they said no as it is a continual thing and they said they would feel bad. Fashion week though, top thinking B1.

3. checks202

checks202 Member

It is and IMO should be charged that way unless you have to do extensive editing.