Introducing HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 (Dolby Digital Live PCI)

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by alvins, Feb 11, 2005.

1. alvins

alvins Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  2. Korbah

Korbah Member

it looks damn interesting....and DD on-the-fly encoding is exactly what i've been hanging out for --> here's hoping its as good as it looks

3. Korbah

Korbah Member

4. alvins

alvins Member

I have it setup and running on my system (including the optional daughterboard for optical in/out etc.). Very nice card - love the no clutter one cable running to my av amp.

5. Korbah

Korbah Member

wow nice....where did you get it?

What does it sound like - and what kind of rig are you running?? Does the DD encoding sound as good as the other ppl were saying?

I've already got a DD/DTS capable home theatre amp so I'd only need the standard sound card right? no need for the "powerpack"?

cheers

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  6. alvins

alvins Member

Got it off ebay.

Rig is P4 system with Harmon Kardon AV amp hooked up. And yes the DD sounding sounds very nice - I can't really give a comparison - don't know what to compare to - but yeah - love it.

The extra daughterboard gives you coax in/out and optical in/out. The soundcard already has 1 optical out.

7. wyzest1

wyzest1 Member

How much did you pay for it all up? im looking for a similar solution since im sick of switching for gaming and 5.1 divx files

8. dinos22

dinos22 OCAU Sponsor

guys this card looks pretty good

is there going to be a PCI Express version...also

i do a bit of video editing and sound is a bitch as it prolongs the encoding time considerably....how does this card do with that sort of thing given the right codecs compared to your normal onboard...i have that Asus A8N-SLI mobo...hence using onboard sound ATM

9. alvins

alvins Member

I paid around 200 all up.

10. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

Shouldn't make any difference to encoding time.

I can't imagine Analog sound quality being great on that card either, although the DD encoding seems to be the major selling point.

11. dinos22

dinos22 OCAU Sponsor

OK well that is what I am getting at....Dolby Digital encoding time....what sort of difference is it to normal cards

12. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

again I don't think it will make any difference to encoding time when encoding video/audio. But I may be wrong. Just double check before you buy it.

When I say DD encoding is the selling point I mean as far as playing games, watching DVD's. Not creating DVD's.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  13. alvins

alvins Member

I haven't noticed any lag in the sound.

14. Korbah

Korbah Member

Stratos....why do you think the analogue sound would be average? As far as I can tell it'd be about Revo quality (which isn't too shabby no?)

Yeah keep the opinions coming ppl plz....very interested in this card but I'd like more thoughts so that I not just being seduced by hype.

Cheers.

15. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

Keep in mind I havn't tested the card, so I am only *assuming* analogue would be average. The revo is based around the VIA Envy chipset whereas the HDA is based around a C-media which have never been known for good quality. That said I would be interested in seeing direct comparisons between it and some other known cards on the market.

16. Korbah

Korbah Member

ah gotcha....

I guess we need to wait for the reviews then --> a big smiley thumbsup for the person who finds the first real review and divulges the linky :D

if that don't get you excited nothing will.

17. wyzest1

wyzest1 Member

But one would assume that the only people buying this card are those seeking to utilise the DDlive feature for seperate decoders thus negating the fact that the analogue output may be of poor quality.

I for one am very interested in this card, though im not going to pay $200 for something that there are no reviews for.

18. Cer3al

Cer3al Member

Does anyone know if this card is available in Australia yet? I would rather get it from a local distributor rather than ordering it from Korea.

Also according to the official website, they are out of stock atm :paranoid:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  19. Korbah

Korbah Member

afaik late april release in the US....who knows here

20. simplelogik

simplelogik Member