New Mac Pro - 2018?

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by elvis, Apr 5, 2017.

1. KriiV

KriiV Member

Totally agree and this is actually why I have a Macbook Pro with additional monitors. I wouldn't be able to stand the monitor not matching the iMac! :sick:

2. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Our workflow mandates dual monitors for all of our artists (yes, even the ones with 5K screens). It certainly is interesting that "aesthetics" continues to be a selling point for Apple hardware, yet the iMac looks awful in a dual-monitor setup.

Or perhaps this is where I get told real pros don't need dual monitors, and I'm just a special case. :lol:

3. 2SHY

2SHY Member

I didn't know having something look good is a requirement to getting work done.

Curse those ugly black/grey/beige boxes. /sarcasm

4. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

Very much so. I would have preferred them to put the innards of the chin behind the monitor and just make it thicker.

Its going to look even worse when they release those brand new monitors next year.

Im rocking dual 27inch Cinema Displays and the symmetry is wonderful. Im using a hackintosh, so the box is away from it. Bliss.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  5. alexc

alexc Member

And when you want to use the iMac as a monitor in the future it still kinda looks like an iMac. Mayve they do it on purpose so it doesn't look like a display?

6. alexc

alexc Member

It also seems we have our answer as to why Nvidia released new drivers - eGPU support.

I know this is a non Hackintosh forum, but it will be up interesting to see what all the new internal and external GPU options are going forward.

7. AfterBurner1

AfterBurner1 Member

I'd love to see a thread ripper II based Mac Pro, drop like a bomb w/ a good water cooling system and decent I/O and expandability, but given Intel and Apple's erm, f%^kwittery I severely doubt we will see anything decent. i would love to be proven wrong but the Intel chips of the last two cycles run too damn hot and wont deliver the performance unless they are under water cooling.