Nikon D4 and D400 announced in August...apparently

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Gaidin, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Gaidin

Gaidin Member

If you believe the rumour mill....which has been pretty accurate lately, bar the D700 successor!

Nikon Rumors

2. DiZZ_19

DiZZ_19 Member

Its not a surprise. Nikon flagships have been on a 4 year release cycle since the digital era. Some mathematical genius has been able to extrapolate that from a timeline.

3. clonex

clonex Member

waits with excitement for D300/D300's to drop even more in price :D

Probly should just get a D7000 instead of D300s

4. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Urgh am hoping the mill is wrong and we see D700 replacement. There is hardly any stock of the 700 anymore.

If not.. looks like im destined for a D700 anyway.

5. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

So I take it the D800 was expected to have been at least announced along with their other high end models but hasn't been?

6. Deftone2k

Was only rumoured, but was tipped since Jan when Nikon requested employees to clear that week for an announcement (well if Nikon Rumours is on the mark).

Just have to wait and see.. still 2 months away though!

7. triggerpeg

triggerpeg Member

Well after my shoots in HK / Taiwan i managed to offload 3 of my D700 at the price i purchased them about 4 months prior. Still strong demand for the D700 work horse. I wouldn't mind a ergonomics upgrade if there is a D800 :thumbup:

8. Frozen_Hell

Frozen_Hell Member

I quite liked the ergonomics of the D700, found it sat very nicely in my hands (and I have large hands).

9. triggerpeg

triggerpeg Member

Hmm... the front dial is too small and could protrude more over the rubber?
    Also I find the 90^ of that dial uncomfortable after long periods of shooting. a 60^ or 45^ would be better. And the back dial needs to be a thumb wheel..

oh damn....those are Canon configs...hahaha :lol:

10. jamiemao

jamiemao Member

So the date came around and no D800 in sight. when do you guys think it will be released?

i currently work with film cameras and would love to finally get a decent digital slr. i've been tempted to get the D7000, but would rather get a fullframe and the D700 looks great. However, if the D800 is around the corner, then i'd rather wait for that as it's rumoured to be a decent upgrade.

11. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

I'd say it'll be early 2012 now.
    Purchase your D700, it's El Fabo!

12. Deftone2k

13. jamiemao

jamiemao Member

14. methd

methd Member

why? d700 will be cheaper when d800 is out and more 2nd hand options will be available. u also get to weigh up the options if d800 is worth it as well.

15. jamiemao

jamiemao Member

i agree with you there. that's why, one way or another, i gotta wait for the D800 to come out!

16. resr

resr Member

17. 0Dey

0Dey Member

18. Deftone2k

I decided in the end.. after being disappointed with the announcements and (lack there of) D800 that I didnt want to wait any longer.. and the d700 will eventually be relegated to being my second body. Having said that, it is not like there are any major defects with the d700 that is stopping any photography that I want to do right now.. obviously iso performance doesnt stack up against the d3s but it still performs very well.

Not to mention with the way stock goes.. the price premium for the d800 on release and perceived possible difficulty in getting stock (was hard enough getting a d700).

They are around.. generally used more for couples & weddings etc.. have used the 45mm 2.8 PC-E a fair bit but picked up the 85 so there wouldnt be any overlaps.

Thus far.. loving it.. tricky beast to use.

D90 will still be my seascape camera and ill offload the 17-55 2.8 ED and keep the 10-20mm for it. Just cant part with it.. been such a great camera and my motives for picking up the d700 werent because the d90 was failing in the seascape/landscape department :thumbup: :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  19. MATTATHOME

MATTATHOME Member

Nice .. Enjoy the D700. I got mine not long after release after wrangling a deal with the minister..

I have been waiting for the D800 as I want to get a body that does Video, but didn't see the point of going a D3s.

Have been saving my money waiting,waiting... I guess it will come out sometime. May be I should spend my savings on a new lens.. Hmmmm

Matt

20. Power47

Power47 Member

it would be nice if the D4 does actually come out sometime during my lifetime, though to be honest the main thing i want is a 3rd camera, rather than a better camera... the D3s is faultless in my opinion so im half tempted to just get another one.

what could they make considerably better? more pickles?? :lol::sick: