Oculus Rift CV1

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Vladdo, Jan 5, 2016.

1. tangcla

tangcla Member

You could do it via Paypal and don't allow it to convert (rely on your card).

2. Zee

Zee Member

Good point, may just try that, cheers.

Z...

3. poleposition

poleposition Member

4. tangcla

tangcla Member

5. Zee

Zee Member

Fark me, they really don't want me to buy one of these things.

I finally got an order placed, and accepted, and confirmed.. Now they decide to cancel it (without reason) 24hrs later. This is driving me mad...

Z...

6. Pic0o

Pic0o Member

Especially since it looks you ordered from them direct and got this drop to deliver, have you sent their social network accounts a like of your purchase issues? I have had good luck with RMA processing when the main support is just shrugging an issue off.
    That sucks to treat your purchase like that. They obviously had distribution issues and the local store here has the re-designed kit for non-summer promo pricing still up. Good luck because that's a shit thing they tried to pull canceling your ship date.

Edit: Yes I had most luck with FB pages but twitter might work too. There is a quote along the lines of "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after sweetness of low price is forgotten." If they want a long-horse in the VR race they should accommodate their customers, or (ideally anyhow), competitors will happily sweep up the people burned by them. It's not as if the HTC equipment is not comparable and also still making new products.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  7. Zee

Zee Member

If they'd at least give a reason, like "Hey, we out of stock, tough shit yo", I'd be ok with it. But, it's just no reason. If it weren't such a good deal....

Anyway, another ticket raised, not that I got too far with the first one. Which social media site do you suggest? I presume Facebook....

Z...

8. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Member

It looks like a lot of people have been canceling their orders through Oculus store due to their delays and complete lack of communication, especially since it is only $20 or so more to get them from Amazon who have them in stock and have much better service. Might be an easier option for you than trying to get support from Oculus.

9. emett

emett Member

Has VR taken off yet?

10. chargin

chargin Member

It has for me. Ive taken it off my head and left it under the desk. Its been gathering dust for 6 months. I just find gaming on a monitor easier. Was sort of just a novelty for me.

11. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

It has for me. I use it 3-4 times a week. Plenty of good games out now. Probably about 80/20 ratio between racing sims/regular games. I've spent more on VR games this year than flat games.

12. Pic0o

Pic0o Member

The content creation tools are fun too. I have spent some funds on games too and many of them are shorter plays. The realm of depth is really fun. Market seems to be getting more games and content out too.

Google maps is a blast to dork around in, so long as the area you visit has topographical map data. Cuba does not have 3d maps at this time :(
    Chronos was one of the most enjoyable and longer dungeon crawl games I played so far. Serious Sam is intense but like most VR shooters, goes with being stationary, where others move by d-pad teleportation.
    You can play existing non-VR games in VR but it will not be as polished as a native VR release and frame rate issues may be rough for GTA V or Fallout 4 via VorpX.

13. tangcla

tangcla Member

How is VorpX?

14. Pic0o

Pic0o Member

It's cool to mess with but I haven't had good enough performance to actually play for an extended period in a game. Geometry 3D looks amazing but butchers performance, even at lower resolutions. Z-normal was close to playable in Fallout 4 with my 980 GTX but GTA V is still a beast and does not maintain 45 frames (and set to recommended graphic settings) with a 1080 Ti.

I will try out Fallout again, but so far I consider VorpX more of a demo software/ / prototype because you will feel ill if you try to play when getting less than 45 FPS per eye. I have to try and tweak it for better performance but that is my current stance on it.

15. Zee

Zee Member

Ended up doing this. It's been 4 days since I put my ticket in about my cancelled order, and not much feedback apart from "yeah, we'll look at it".

Seeing as the $AU seems to be on a downward slide, I figured I may as well get it done sooner rather than later.

I think I'll be going with *not* oculus for the next gen. I still think the Vive has a much better tracking system, but hard to argue at the price!

Z...

16. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

I waited 3 weeks with Oculus, 0 communication - switched to Amazon, got it 4 days later. Was meant to be 3 days, but there were hurricanes which delayed shipping. So I complained and they sent me another just in case that one didn't arrive.

I received two oculus rifts. I sold one to my mate.

I'm a happy man.
    I love my rift.
    I also love SuperhotVR.

17. Sledge

Sledge Member

Well done :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  18. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

Oh I wasn't dishonest, I forgot to add the most important part about my experience here, my bad I got overexcited!!!

I did spend $150 on shipping to get it delivered very quickly after all, the fact that there was an issue and they tried to help so eagerly was just great. They refunded that, all I asked for was a refund of the postage difference between normal postage and the expedited. They went above and beyond.

I asked Amazon how I should ship back this extra one when it arrived. They literally said to keep it. I was astounded. This is my first purchase from Amazon and they delivered a wonderful experience.

I sold to my mate half of what I paid, so we both basically got a discount. I think that's rather reasonable!

19. Sledge

Sledge Member

Well in that case..
    CONGRATS !! :)

20. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member