Olympus DSS Player Pro and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by DivHunter, Feb 10, 2010.

1. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

I have a client that has the latest version of DSS Player Pro (5.08) and the not so latest version of the foot pedal/switch (RS-24).

It seems I need either a way to install drivers for the pedal for win 7 or something to let the DSS Player run in XP Mode, currently under XP mode it says that it doesn't have the terminal services driver installed except that it's not a terminal server or attempting to run from a TS app server. You can't install both on the one machine either.

If anyone has any experience with this hellish program any help would be appreciated.

2. zoki_007

zoki_007 Member

I've had to deal with this one before but only under XP sorry. Maybe give Olympus a call and see what they say?

Have you tried a windows update and see if MS give you a updated driver for the foot switch?

3. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

I've not been able to find Windows 7 drivers, even for the later models that are supposed to work with Win7. It has drivers in XP Mode but I can't get the DSS Player software to run correctly as somethig in XP Mode triggers it thinking it is running as a TS App as far as I can tell.

4. goatieau

goatieau Member

Did you manage to solve this DivHunter?? I am also trying to get DSS Player Pro 5 and the RS-24 pedal to play nice. I was able to use the RS-28 foot pedal in Win 7 version of player pro 5, but I could not get the player v 5 to even recognise the RS-24.