Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. c0ldm3th0d

c0ldm3th0d Member

Haven't see a thread yet

Been waiting for a while for this, I played ingress for a while but i'm a massive pokemon fan so this is as close to having pokemon as i can get. Although i'm not too ecstatic that you cant battle other people, this is at least a start.

At work i have picked up a bulbasaur and a caterpie right in the shop. I think its going to be very interesting to see how it goes.

Anyone else going to have a go?

2. money_killer

money_killer Member

cant wait for it. hopefully its alright although i haven't been into pokemon for about 15yrs

3. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Funny timing. I told a work colleague that it was due out this morning, then a couple of hours later another colleague told me it's out.

I've submitted 2 bugs so far:
    - On iPhone 5, SETTINGS and TIPS almost never respond to touch. It just reverts back to gameplay screen.
    - All 3 Starter Pokemon don't seem to always be visible. I saw only Bulbasaur, and Charmander only briefly appeared AFTER I caught Bulbasaur. Didn't even see Squirtle.

Typical of day 1 things, it had already experienced its first service overload outage briefly a couple of hours ago.

4. KingOfSoldiers

KingOfSoldiers Member

Im playing it now already

5. Uchuujin-san

Uchuujin-san Member

Time to start walking more lol... haven't had much of a chance to catch anything that great.. but have a lot of my friends playing. so should be pretty interesting.

6. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

My phone isn't compatible! :upset::upset:

edit: downloaded and playing anyway lol works fine on galaxy note 2!! ^_^

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  7. KoiTech

KoiTech Member

playing now. wat a treat. hopefully it doesn't cost too much

8. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Interesting that it's compatible with tablets. I was able to get it running on my Galaxy note tab 2014 model.

9. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

note2's not exactly a tab, more a phone/phablet category.

but yeah, I was surprised when it didnt appear on the play store, but know the note2's gpu is good enough, i was pleasantly surprised that a direct apk installed and worked.

:D

so far it seems quite awesome.

10. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I'm finding it's not short-listing properly just yet in Play store. I was told by my work colleague to add "niantic" to the search string.

11. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Using the apk i could get to the playstore page, its just hidden if i try to search pokemon go.

[​IMG]

It's playing fine fortunately, I'll just need to perform app updates manually for it when they release. (up until if its ever classed as compatible for me)

12. money_killer

money_killer Member

Won't even load for me android n on nexus 6p

13. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

i was playing it yesterday for a bit, but then i got bored of it. There's a gym at my local library

i prefer playing GBA emulator and Pokemon

14. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Servers don't seem to really handle load. Was working for a bit this morning, then the point of interest type things which give you items stopped working. Restarted game and servers once again not available. Le sigh..

15. c0ldm3th0d

c0ldm3th0d Member

had an issue with the "servers are busy" this morning but managed to catch a clefairy while waiting for the shower and an eevee while on the shitter last night haha. 12 pokemon so far 4 being doubles. Strangely the wife is mad keen on it too. Might have to go for a drive up into town to do an ingress walk to stock up on pokeballs.

16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

How are you finding and catching pokemon while sitting on the shitter? Do you not need to be walking around?

17. c0ldm3th0d

c0ldm3th0d Member

no i was seriously on the shitter with the app open and bam "a wild eevee has appeared". The clefairy i caught while in bed this morning waiting for the missus to finish washing her hair. I was stationary in the workshop this morning and caught yet another pidgee. I don't think you "have" to be walking around but it does help.

18. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

YEah I just had 3 different pokemon appear while I was sitting at my desk :p

19. Uchuujin-san

Uchuujin-san Member

they seem to have partially randomised spawn points/wandering patterns. have one of these close to my home, caught 3-4 pokemons from the same general street corner in the span of 4-5 hours last night.

am finding that some of those leaf flutters don't have pokemons either because it's designed like that or there's an issue somewhere :( Forcing me to walk for nothing!

20. fleetfeather

fleetfeather Member

Performs like a pre-alpha turd on iOS. I've spend more time at a post-crash app menu than in the game itself.