Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Hater

Hater Member

Mines at level 32. It's... OK. No better than say an Arcanine or Alakazam.

2. metalrain

metalrain Member

I'm VERY tempted to beg for you to trade me some of those regionals you have hahaha (once trading is implemented of course)

3. SyN

SyN Member

I think it's the highest cp fighting pokemon. Could be great against fatass blissies

4. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

Actually, Machamp is. Fighting pokemons and movesets received nice boosts with introduction of gen 2 pokemons.

5. metalrain

metalrain Member

I found just any heavy hitters are decent Blissey counters. For me, nothing beats a solid Dragonite or Tyranitar in taking them down with little effort. Gengar and Alakazam are absolutely awesome, but too fragile and can be defeated easily if you're not dodging most of the moves.

6. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

Even with limited gym experience, I can tell you that dragonite and tyranitar aren't good against dazzling gleam blissey. Having faced zen headbutt/dazzling gleam blissey in numerous occasions, I could easily see why that moveset is the blissey owners' favourite. Zen headbutt quickly wears down fighting pokemons (only weakness); dazzling gleam makes tanking with dragonite/tyranitar rather unpleasant.

Evolved and got my first tyranitar. Interestingly, the moveset is iron tail/crunch. Considering how long it took to acquire all those bloody candies, happy to have the best defense moveset.

7. metalrain

metalrain Member

Ah well I always dodge charge moves, don't want to get hit by a Hyper Beam, but when I see a Blissey gym, I just use my strongest and highest level hitters. I don't bother to min-max Gym Prestige, rather I just want to take them down with as little effort as possible.

8. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Haven't been very active recently but have they messed with the prestige formula again?

Prestiging into a friendly gym using a 14xx Wigglytuff against a 13xx Kanga and a 14xx Espeon, (or whatever it's called), and was only getting around 470 prestige.

Even did it twice to make sure I didn't leave high CP mon in the team by mistake and it happened both times.

That should've been around 800-900 prestige each time I would've thought.

9. nibennett

nibennett Member

Not that I'm aware. To get around the 400-500 per Pokémon in prestige you need to have about 2/3 - 3/4 of the original Pokemon cp.
    Having higher cp than the Kanga in that battle the absolute most you'd have got for that Pokémon is about 200 prestige.

To get 1000 prestige per Pokémon (the max) the prestigers you use need to be less than half the cp of what your attacking. Ie attacking that 13xx kanga with a 650 or less Pokémon

10. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Weird then if it hasn't changed.

At equal CP you should also get exactly 500 prestige so I would've expected pretty close to 500 just for the Espeon, (think I was within 10CP), and like you said, around 3/4 of the 500 for the Kanga, (I was only around 100 CP higher).

And if nothing has changed then can only think that I messed up twice in a row when selecting the team. I've certainly done that before when picking mons for the last spots that were already selected.

11. nibennett

nibennett Member

If it changed it was a while ago, first week of gen 2 being out was working with a group on a gym battling against Blisseys to prestige it. Was getting 219 a battle with my 23xx Vaporeon v a 23xx Blissey.

12. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Just tried Prestiging properly for the first time. This is going to change my life. Getting 1800+ points for defeating 2 pokemon is amazing. This is going to put a lot more gyms in reach for me.

13. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Shit man...sounds like you've been doin' it unnecessarily hard all this time.

Just gotta use type advantages and you're saving yourself heaps of time but you might end up using a few more options.

14. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Pretty much. I would normally brute force it with high CP Pokemon. That's fine up until the gym hits lv7. At the higher levels it takes way too much time which is why i would normally pass over lv7+ gyms unless the gap was less than 5k

15. SyN

SyN Member

I just count the number of Blisseys :tired:
    If theres more than 1 then its too troublesome lol

16. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Best thing is seeing high level gyms with all 3k dragonites at the bottom.. 4k+ per go

17. Agg

Agg Administrator

So hold up a sec, what's the best way to prestige then? Can we get a quick point-form guide? :) I too CBF trying to add myself to high-level gyms coz you get bugger-all points for your efforts. I always try to have my guys lower than the first guy on the gym but that's about it.

18. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

As I understand it for maximum effect you need all of yours to be at 50% of the lowest mons CP. So if the lowest mon is 2200 don't use anything over 1100.

You should still get a good point bonus if you in the 2/3 to 3/4 CP range.

19. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Yes half the cp of defending Mon gets you 1k. So 3k dragonites I use my army of 1500 seadras and lapras.

Note all mons in your team must be under half cp for 1k per defeat reward

20. Hetty

Hetty Member

I've been doing it the slow way too. And it's so annoying when someone comes in and snipes it. I'll try the other way now.