Hi All, Project Name: Charlie Wood. I’ve been thinking about building a wooden case for some time. When I was given an old machine it seemed the perfect opportunity to give it a go. The components are fairly low spec. Celeron 2.6, Socket 478, 80Gig HD, and 256Meg of RAM. which, I will upgrade to 1Gig. This build is for my wife and these specs are more than adequate for her needs. I should be able, at some point in the future to upgrade components if necessary, and finances permit. I should point out that my power tools are few, drill, jigsaw, orbital sander and mouse sander, and that’s it! Hand tools will be the order of the day. The build will be fairly straight forward i.e. no fancy joints. Okay let’s begin. This is the box I created in Google SketchUp and is a representation rather than the final design. I'm thinking the design could be a little rounded. 29th September 2008 Off to Bunning’s today to buy timber for the frame. 1st November Cut timber for frame sides. The top, back and base will be solid timber. Assembled and glued frame sides using butt joints. Clamped frame together. Thought some gussets in the corner of the frame would look cool. Cut timber for gussets and shaped with a ½ round rasp and ½ round file. Not sure if I will actually use them. 2nd November Unclamped frame and screwed ends for additional strength. The screws are at the top and bottom of frame and will not be seen when case is finished. Cut the base, the back and the front of case. Not enough timber for top. Screwed frames to the base. Screwed the back to the base and sides and checked for fit. Fit was good. It even slightly resembles a box. Case is only screwed together at the moment so that it can be dismantled for sanding and lacquering. 3rd November Cut hole for back plate. Looks a little rough at the moment but should clean up okay. The timber was a little thick which made it difficult to gain access to the screws in the expansion slots. Had to cut out a little more wood to gain access to mounting screws. Had no problem fitting a card but will need to tighten screw with spanner. The motherboard in this shot is from an old HP Pavilion 6611 circa 1999. Once I was sure the fit was right I switched the HP board for the board that I will be using in this build. For those interested it’s a Gigabyte 8VM533M-RZ. View from the other side. No the top is not bowed, just the angle from which I took the photo and possible distortion of the lens. Size comparison with a desktop ATX case. The dimensions of the case when complete will be about H 410mm W 240mm L 450mm The width and length shouldn’t change but the height may. I’m thinking of adding another level to accommodate a top fan and combined USB, card reader and audio I/O. Somewhat similar to the Antec Nine Hundred. That’s it for this post will be back as soon as I can. Certainly no more than 7 days. Thank You for looking.