Hi, i will be detailing here a project that i have been working on for a while now, just odds and ends, but it's now coming together quicker now, and starting to congeal. It's inspiration is partly from the Space Oddysey 2001, and the technology from a series of books by Neal Asher. The technology is called Jain, and its a biotech hardware plaque that kind of looks a cross between silver vines and roots, and coral. Its tendrils take over any form of technology and subsume it. You will see this influence later on in the build hopefully. There will also be a little steampunk thrown in as well, with a lot of copperwork. As you can tell, its kind of going to be a mixture of past and future technology, all melded together with the Jain biotech. HOPEFULLY!!! Project Monolith is my first scratch build, i have pretty well built everything from scratch. It will be a tall slim case, rather narrow, but tall, topping 60cms. It will be approximately 15cm wide. It will consist of a square section frame, with black PVC sides, or possibly black anodised aluminium. There will be no DVD drive, any burning duties can be done by a firewire burner. It will be completely watercooled, and i mean completely. If produces heat, it will have a waterblock on it. This is the article concerning the actual copper blocks. http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=744978 On the motherboard, the CPU, mosfets, ddr2, northbridge and southbridge will be watercooled. On the 3870x2, the two cores, pci-e switch, gddr3, and power modules will be watercooled. The physx card, and x-fi will also be cooled. The PSU and Hard drives will all be watercooled as well, and due to the simplicity of the design, any additional items anywhere in the machine that get hot can easily and simply be cooled. Now, the heat load of this machine will be fairly heavy. Its a quad core 9950Black Edition Phenom overclocked to 3.0 gig (more when wc) with 4 gig of ram, and a 3870x2 overclocked by bios modification to 850 core 999 mem (925, 900 was stock) 4 Drives in a raid0 ( with room for 6). 2 sticks of DDr2-800. And the PSU, which will also be modified in the process of watercooling it with higher capacity main rectification diodes. So, with this massive heat load, a decent radiator will be needed. This machine will still be as quiet as i can make it, so the bigger the radiator the better. So here it is, courtesy of Daikin down the road. A brand spanking new split system head thats been mothballed due to its needed the old form of air con gas. Inside it is a large surface area evaporator, copper tubed, 3 segment, aluminium finned. its actually one assembly sliced partly through long ways, and then bent to go around the giant crossflow fan inside the unit. I used a dremel and stanley knife to slice of the bits i didnt need. Now, this has been a bit of a work in progress. Its initial length was around 800mm. I could fit 5 120 mm fans on it with a bit of overhang on both ends. The problem was due to the way it was setup, it wasnt a continous circuit, it was actually two split gas circuits. So what i did was sliced them all of with the dremel and decided to start from scratch. This is the first attempt, i was going to use vinyl tubing to set it up for the flow pattern i wanted, and then route the tubes into two manifolds i was going to make. This however didnt suit me, vinyl tube is smelly, goes opaque after a while, and i had sealing issues. So i visited the local plumbing store and located myself a meter of 3/4 inch copper water tube, and a meter of 1/2 inch tube, with 4 3/4 end caps. I polished the 3/4 tube up, because polishing it later is going to be hard as you will see. Back to the evaporator, now to be called the radiator. I measured it of to fit 4 120 mm fans perfectly, and with the stanley knife and dremel, started removing the core. The aluminium fins removed. Perfect Fit!!! I then staggered the tubing. This is my plan! To create two kind of manifolds, inlet and outlet at the bottom of the res. Measured and ready to drill for the vertical tubes. I used sandpaper to clean the vertical tubes to make it easier to solder. Drilled manifold just sits there with the tubes holding it in place. They arent sticking too far into the tube so flow isnt reduced. Its coming together!! Starting to look a bit steam punkish eh.. Manifold soldered on, and end caps soldered. Second manifold assembled and test fitted on while the first one cooled from being soldered. All finished!! very steampunk Filled with water and testing for leaks. there was ONE leak, and a bit more solder fixed that up. All running and will be tested over night for leaks. As you can see its fairly tall, and will have 4 120mm fans on it. The final height is just under 600mm tall, which brings my case height to exactly 600mm.