Question about my loop

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by ElowynOceania, Oct 11, 2017.

1. ElowynOceania

ElowynOceania Member

It appears that I have micro bubbles along the tubing
    https://imgur.com/gallery/WQAtJ
    Are these normal?
    How would I get rid of them?
    First hardline tubing project so yeah

2. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Over time, they will all join together and work their way out.

No dramas mate :thumbup:

3. StreekG

StreekG Member

Yeah i am currently waiting for mine to just go away, don't stress about it. What is making me annoyed are the ones i can see in the waterblock, they don't budge

4. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Cycle your pump a few times, and vary flow if possible. A bit of gentle rocking may also help.

I had the same last pull-down, same old block I've used for ages but bubbles got stuck this time because the loop is a bit fancier than normal (has a VRM block in it now, too). Worked its way out after a few pump cycles and a gentle rock :thumbup:

5. StreekG

StreekG Member

Nothing seems to work, I've had it on every angle and while some bubbles came out, new ones emerged in there in the tighter passages, I heard something about adding a few drops of dish soap will this help?

6. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Yes, just one drop though unless your loop is mammoth mate - you don't want too much detergent in there [emoji106]

7. StreekG

StreekG Member

Thanks i'll try. I had the loop running while i slept and nothing changed so will do just one drop and see.

8. Gmk2

Gmk2 Member

What is your pump speed set to - running it up to max makes a huge difference if your not already doing so. You can also check your reservoir - if the water level is low you could be sucking bubbles / air back through the loop. Another trick is to run a long burn in type test and get some heat into the loop - this lowers surface tension (like the soap) and makes it easier for the bubbles to shift.

9. StreekG

StreekG Member

My pump is on max, it's not running off the mobo but directly off the PSU, will that make a difference?

Good idea on the stress test I will try that.

10. Gmk2

Gmk2 Member

Sounds like your pump is running flat out - connecting directly to the PSU will be full power all the time, the motherboard headers won't increase it further.