Surveillance Cameras (CCTV)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by russkris, Oct 1, 2017.

1. russkris

russkris Member

Hi guys and gals,

Not sure if the is the correct forum but I couldn't find any threads.

I want a CCTV system to record both visual and audio. Budget is the key, a system that has video and audio recording and wireless.

Recommendations.?

Long story short. We have had a couple of visit from the council to let us know our dogs are barking 'constantly' and the neighbor across the road just tells me the council bloke knocked on her door and ask if she would go to court.

Like WTF, so I need to find out what is going on, as these dogs don't bark when anyone is at home unless someone enters the property.

My wife works afternoons and I work mornings. Long story short, there isnt much of the day that somebody isnt home, so what the hell is going on I ask myself.

2. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

3. russkris

russkris Member

cheers for the links

4. waltermitty

waltermitty Member

5. russkris

russkris Member

6. WJR

WJR (Banned or Deleted)

Court is generally the last step in the process unless you're unlucky and have a council that doesn't sit on it's hands and will actually act.

Is there a couple of hours a day when no one is home? The dogs might be constantly barking then? We just escaped barking dog hell ourselves, the owners were trendy socialites who were never home and their fucking dog barked nonstop day and night. They didn't care and the council made us fill out mind numbing diaries for weeks then declared it a civil matter and washed their hands of it. :rolleyes:

I'd suggest taking any complaint seriously, which you seem to be, in case someone decides to skip the council hoop jumping and bait your dogs.

7. russkris

russkris Member

Oh yeah.. I have purchased citronella bark collars and now the static ones.

Trust, I don't want trouble but the neighbor next door hosed the dogs like 4 days after we moved in.

I spoke with the council guys and he read the notes to me, they have basically said there is no problem but I still want to cross all my T's.

@waltermitty - You used them before?

8. scips

scips Member

Old android phone or tablet lying around spare?

Ive been working a couple of nights recently/going out etc so wanted to be able to see he was safe/quiet.

Using IP webcam for android on the devices. (free)
    Tinycam Pro on my note8 to view elsewhere. (like $5)

Can do 2way audio/recording etc

Looks like this on mine
    [​IMG]

9. russkris

russkris Member

Sadly, no I haven't any old androids laying around the house.

Maybe it would be best if I look around for a coupe of cheap android phones.