Tabletop & Board games: any good ones?

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Dec 7, 2010.

1. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

I've made a few foam core organisers for some games (7 wonders, i cant remember the others I've done). I use the plastic organiser boxes for agricola, cavera, pretty much any game with lots of fiddly peices.

Also did the cube->animeeple upgrade for agricola which is fun.

2. Strange1

Strange1 Member

I bought a cnc laser with the intention of making in box organisers, I'll get around to it one day :)

3. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

4. redav

redav Member

Has anyone bought two Carcassonne sets for larger play? If so, how different are the ZeeMan Games and Rio Grand Games prints (not the newer artwork)?

5. chook

chook Member

Allow me to shout:

BUY THIS GAME!

Scythe is fantastic. It has brilliant artwork and I really love the concept of the world. I am purchasing the additional board section as with four players the board becomes quite crowded. Haven't purchased the metal coins yet as they are a little expensive but would love to do so.

6. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

I put my order on this for my birthday so should have it this weekend :)
    I will let you guys know what I think.

Also, does anyone know where I could get Xia: Legends of a drift system from? or if someone is selling their copy?

7. Life_Essence

Life_Essence Member

I want to do it to two games I own in particular, Arkham Horror with a butt load of expansions and Ascension (Deck Building Game)
    An example of what the complete Arkham Horror looks like
    Now that I have SolidWorks I might actually do it.

8. chook

chook Member

I picked up the expansion board yesterday. Looks great and is double sided. Note that it isn't the expansion box with the two new empires but the extra piece to use the second side with the larger hexes.

We tried playing Arkham Horror with all the expansions once and stopped. It is a great game but playing it with everything was too much. Maybe back when I was in my early twenties and the idea of taking two or three days for one game was more acceptable but now that the perils of adult responsibility have encroached on valuable gaming time, not so much :p.

9. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

I played my first 3 player Scythe game last night.
    I just have to say, wow awesome. I'm glad I own this.

All three of us where new and I believe we only stuffed up one rule with the produce on Mill action. I thought it basically just acted like a worker but I was wrong, you basically get to produce on that territory as a bonus.
    Played it in about about 2.5 hours with final scores being 67, 60, 57. I got the win as saxony and winning 3 battles.
    So good. Love it. Rated it a 9 in bgg. I know it might change after more then one play but atm, that's what I feel it deserves.

10. redav

redav Member

I ended up pulling the trigger on those Waterdeep coins and they arrived on Friday so we cracked them out last night. Lovely coins but they didn't stop me getting slaughtered by my wife; 190 to 150. She lovingly dropped mandatory quests on me on back to back turns then blocked a character I needed and while I was in front at some stage, I never really recovered.

11. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

I'm clearing out some games, anyone looking to buy caverna or mothership or galaxy trucker with the 2 big expansions?

12. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Mothership maybe. How much?

13. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

$60? thread in for sale section.

edit: You really want to paay post to wa for it? will bee expensive

14. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Good point. Negative lol

15. redav

redav Member

I'm having a tough time trying to get another Carcassonne. The first (eBay) and third (fulfilled by Amazon) attempt resulted in the new version turning up even though both showed the older artwork (I found post purchase the first having listed the new versions product code) but the third was listed as the Classic version and was a lot more expensive than the new version. The second (eBay) never arrived :(

Why is this so hard?

16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Anyone gonna be at PAX AUS? I might spend a few hours playing some board games LOL

17. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

trailer and (presumably US) release date for pandemic season 2 announced! oct 26... Any guesses where in .au we'll be able to get it pretty quickly?