Team Australia's public launch at Atomic Live

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Team.AU, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Team.AU

Team.AU Member

[​IMG]

Team Australia (Team.AU) launch at Atomic Live 2007

20th October 2007, Atomic Live at Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney; Today some of the best talent of Australian overclocking come together to officially launch Team Australia (Team.AU).

An overclocking team prepared to launch onto the world stage and take the Australian scene to the next level, all the while maintaining interaction with their roots and the Australian overclocking scene. This is a team of dedicated individuals coming together to push the barriers of today’s enthusiast computing technology.

Who is Team.AU?

WEBSITE >> www.teamau.net

Members were selected from the finest of the Australian overclocking community who have proven to take it to the next level. These individuals push the boundary and have been brought together to redefine the local and international scenes. So who are the people pushing the limits in Team Australia?

Please welcome the members of Team.AU:

Dino Strkljevic - dinos22
    Tim Marshall - T_M
    James Turnbull - SLi_dog
    Josh Collins - moloko
    Kayl Hosken - Kayl
    James Trevaskis - pro
    George Liu - eva2000

Team.AU at Atomic Live

Choosing selectively where and when to have the official launch, it was obvious that the sexiest and most enthusiast based magazine, AtomicMPC, were the guys to host the team’s launch.

Gifted with the support of Australia’s premier enthusiast magazine, the team hosted a booth at Atomic’s annual exhibition, Atomic Live.

Photos and fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. Team.AU

Team.AU Member

Further images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Results and benchmarks to follow as we wade our way through the hard drives and recorded results - sit tight.

3. PrawnBoy

PrawnBoy Member

looks cool. Might want to check out my new cooling when iv finished designing it. Works on something totally different to anything done so far.. :)

4. faceboy88

faceboy88 Member

Hey I saw you guys there, took a few pics of Kayl's beast with my phone.. Looked pretty sweet.

5. Team.AU

Team.AU Member

The event was very full on and, as with any benching session, there was the ups and downs of hardware miraculously doing amazing results whilst other pieces of hardware only brought their B-game and choked for the big show.

One of the standout performers was Dinos22's cold lovin' Intel Core 2 Duo E6700.

System specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
    GIGABYTE X38T-DQ6
    Cellshock DDR3
    Silverstone OP1000

Here it hits an impressive 5612MHz whilst benchmarking Super Pi 1M:

[​IMG]

We had managed a 9.016s and kept pushing for sub 8s but unfortunately ran out of speed juice (LN2) :(

Next up is some Super Pi 32M at 5508MHz:

[​IMG]

This chip is a nice one and topped out at an impressive 625MHz FSB on GIGABYTE X38T-DQ6:

[​IMG]

Some pics mid run

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come as we scavenge it from the drives and bring it all together :D

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  6. FFC

FFC Member

Where do you get your ln2 from?

7. angelessme

angelessme Member

lol mcdonalds!

8. dinos22

dinos22 Member

how cool would that be

can i have a big mac meal and 20L of LN2 please :D :leet:

9. dinos22

dinos22 Member

here are a few more shots

10. ANZACATTACK

ANZACATTACK Member

I did a double take then. The fellow in the middle looks remarkably similar to "Ze German" of gamestah and WCG fame.

[​IMG]

Pic doesn't really capture it but, but take my word for it.

Or maybe I'm just going loopy

11. Jon187

Jon187 Member

Whoa! Those Nvidia chicks "brought it"!

J.

12. anthony256

anthony256 Member

The guy on the left, I know him, he's a customer of mine.. next time I see you I shall say "hows it going pro" :p

13. dinos22

dinos22 Member

ROFL hahhahah
    see what fame does :leet: j/k

14. anthony256

anthony256 Member

lol, oh yes of course.. I just can't remember his real name :S

Been thinking about it the entire time, but it escapes me. He just came in not too long ago either... it's good to see another old customer (T_M) looking rather sexy :p

15. dinos22

dinos22 Member

if you have another read you will see all the names there ;)

16. anthony256

anthony256 Member

It appears you're correct...

/walks back to corner.

17. MrRevhead

MrRevhead Member

Nice one boys, good to see a proper team uniform has also been sorted out :cool: Great logo design too :thumbup:

Pro, it was good to finally put a face to a name, but that mystery man George is still nicely hiding his identity ;)

Mainly BOC or other reputable gas suppliers.

Check out this thread for some more info.

18. moloko vellocet

moloko vellocet Member

MrRevhead hit the bullseye.

BOC Gas and Gear get us hooked up with LN2.

The cost can change depending on the quantity you're after and we've also seen changes in price dependent on location i.e. Darwin is more expensive compared to Sydney.

Prices can range as high as $10/L down to very cheap. For example, for a photo shoot I'd done recently, we got the LN2 for $3.15/L - that was a fun shoot :D

T_M recently purchased a neat LN2 tank so I'm sure well see plenty more LN2 action from him. Also it looks like there could be the possibility of Sydney University getting behind the cause and lending a hand in the cold department - we'll see what comes of this though.

Props to Dr Karl for being a champ and genuinely being interested. Last event (WCG Overclocking Exhibition) I got the chance to meet and chat with Rick Kelly of V8 Super Car fame but I reckon Dr Karl is the man - very cool cat.

The NVIDIA booth babe next to me in the group photo was very awesome and was even into gaming :shock: hahaha. When things started to wind down around 5.30pm, she was inseparable from the CoD4 laptop on the NVIDIA stand :thumbup:

After the months of planning I've put into making parts of the event happen, I'm just stoked to have seen everyone with such big smiles.

The crowd really made it worth while. Seeing everyone so keen to check out the systems, so excited about overclocking and just inquisitive as to what someone new (or relatively so) to the scene needs to do to get involved.

If these individuals put the hard yards in and follow through with their desires and ambitions, I'm confident that the future of Australian overclocking can only get stronger!

Thanks everyone, Atomic Live attendees and my team mates, for such an awesome time. You all rock :leet:

19. dinos22

dinos22 Member

you did good Josh
    there was certainly a lot of work involved

20. Eggbert69

Eggbert69 Member

I was there for a bit hanging around Kayls insane rumbling cascade while he did about 50 3dmark2001 runs which were running at almost 999fps the entire time XD

Kayl do you have any taste at all after eating that dry ice? :p

Btw I was that nerd in the white hoody