The OCAU Figurine Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by stenchlord, Sep 3, 2010.

1. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

2. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh it's a good idea to limit your collection to certain lines. I try to limit myself too otherwise my collection would be far bigger lol.

I don't clean mine lol. Recently I did move some figures from outside the glass cabinet to inside and did give them a brush down with a soft brush and wipe down with a damp micro fiber cloth. There were also 2 anime PVC figures that were seeping oil on the surface when I was redoing the light. So had to soak them in soapy water overnight and then hand wash it off. Then dab dry with microfiber cloth. Don't use tissue paper since it'll tear and leave bits behind. Thankfully the 2 figures weren't one of the really fragile ones with fiddly bits. That would've been annoying.

3. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

I've got one of those for work (I think its the one that does 400kmh air) and it nearly blew over one of the figures :lol:

Works well though. Don't use the canned air (or be really, really careful) from Officeworks as they can sometimes spray out the liquid, which freezes whatever it contacts.

4. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Blizzard plz - Arthas and Sylvanas next - although take your time my wallet needs a break

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

These ones are posable and are 1/6 in scale. :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. QuakeDude

Well, a relatively successful weekend. Finally got the Detolf wired up with the lights. Ended up going with the following layout - its probably more light than it needs, but I'm happy with it right now:

[​IMG]

The result:

[​IMG]

Really happy with the amount of detail that the light brings out. Its always hard to tell with some photos, I think this is about as close as I can get (lighting levels) to the real thing:

[​IMG]

Only got one thing to sort out with the light sensor module and the cabinet should be fully automated when to comes to turning on and off!

RyoSaeba likes this.
  7. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

That looks FANTASTIC! What parts did you use to wire the lighting up?
    Was it a more do-it-yourself job with Jaycar gear or something?

8. QuakeDude

Very much DIY. Used all the info from this thread, with the exception of using some left over speaker wire for the wiring, as I figured it'd be less visible being semi-transparent.