The Official Aion Thread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Xyph, May 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Xyph

Xyph New Member

Hey fellas,

just wanted to say that if anyone is planning on playing aion later down the track and is looking for an Aussie clan, you can go to my temp forum: www.rancoregaming.com

Cheers guys

2. DROliver

DROliver Member

Anyone else get a beta key for this weekend? MMORPG gave away 5000, and a few other sites had 300 or so each.

3. Xyph

Xyph New Member

Obcourse =] downloading client now

4. zdream

zdream Member

Heard bout this game during my warhammer days, might give it a shot :)

5. lemoncola

lemoncola Member

i will be playing aion in US server wif some friends.

6. Xyph

Xyph New Member

Cool, how did you guys find the beta? I thought it wasn't to bad, i played china servers but was good to see elyos design. If anyone decides to play Asmo, look us up at rancoregaming.com =]

7. DROliver

DROliver Member

I thought it was a good weekend, played a cleric to 19 and a sorcerer to 16. I'm definitely making a cleric main when it releases. I'll be checking out the Asmo weekend beta on the 20th before I decide on a race.

8. lemoncola

lemoncola Member

i want to be elyos,

rancore switch to elyos!!!!

9. Xyph

Xyph New Member

You guys end up playing the second beta?

10. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Is there some way to pick up a beta key for this still? I'm quite keen to try it out. I'm missing my MMO action.

11. DROliver

DROliver Member

Yeh I did. I think I prefer the Elyos to the Asmo (both in looks and their starting zone). Plus I am always drawn to 'good' aligned races in MMO's.

I've now played cleric to 19, sorcerer to 16, scout (now an assassin) to 10 and warrior (now a templar) to 10.

Next beta I think I'll try a chanter and decide between that and cleric as my main.

All preorders of the game (online or in a store [if they have it in a store here]) get a beta key.

12. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Yea my mate got me one last weekend. Playing and Asmodian Priest. Only got to level 6 though, not too bad of a game so far. Takes a little adapting to compared to WoW. Didn't get to play all that much because the realms were only up for a few hours when I finished installing it. Can't wait for next weekend ^_^

13. officer waffles

officer waffles Member

Tempted to give this a go. I've been hearing some good things about it. Love my MMO's, but I have grown to hate WoW as kona_boy knows :p

14. Tiberio

Tiberio Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  15. cs-cam

cs-cam Member

Only had a quick glance but it looks like you need to be a paid subscriber to take part in this. I'll probably preorder Aion soonish to take part in the third beta event. WoW is making me want to stab myself in the face at the moment and this looks really fun.

16. RSBlue

RSBlue Member

"stab myself in the face"

That's exactly what I feel like doing whilst playing WoW atm, gonna check this out this week when the next CBT opens.

17. Xyph

Xyph New Member

Yer im grabbing mine of ncsoft end of this week hopefully. Gonna be good to finally play something worth the time sink =)

18. cs-cam

cs-cam Member

I'm going to prepurchase from NC this afternoon, assuming you're happy without a box the price is pretty good compared to EB (about $75 for CE vs $120 from EB). I'm just hoping the beta key delivery is all online and fairly instant, I want to have it downloaded and be ready to go for this weekend.

Was discussing it on Vent last night and quite a lot of the non-downies in my WoW guild are interested in trying it as well so it should be a blast.

19. sKyz

sKyz Member

Seems pretty polished for a beta. I was invited for the first beta weekend and have participated in both events so far.

Even though I probably will be playing an Elyos on release, playing an Asmodian last event was surprising fun. Count me in for any Aussie guilds. :D

Where's everyone else preordering from (if applicable)?

20. damnation

damnation Member

ncsoft?
    same guys that made tabula rasa?
    uhoh
    no richard garriot?
    oh boy.

wait, where am i?